Two small often overlooked features I love/miss when I don't have them

I also miss having a rear defroster,:)

I had a rental car in Florida with no rear defroster. It was cool but humid and of course that back window fogged up often.

I didn't even realize there were still cars available without a rear defroster.

I had a rental car in Florida with no rear defroster. It was cool but humid and of course that back window fogged up often.

I didn't even realize there were still cars available without a rear defroster.
I damaged mine, it did one, still has some remnants. :(

Probably because I've driven so long without these features, but I do like the heated seats auto wipers and auto windows in my BMW. With that said, I don't miss them when I get in my Jeep with hand crank windows, no heated seats, and no auto anything. It's part of the experience of driving each vehicle that I appreciate.

1) Auto up/down windows - push button all the way down or pull all the way up and release to lower/raise windows.
2) "comfort" blink (as VW calls it) - push turn signal stalk slightly and release and it will blink a set number of times (usually 3-4).

These two are minor but my even '18 base model VW has it. When I drive my '03 Passat it only has auto up/down for front windows and no comfort blink which I detest (no comfort blink). My '13 Focus has the auto up/down only for the driver's front window and one of the upgrade features to move up a trim level I recall was auto up/down for all 4 windows. It also has comfort blink.
Agreed. #1 is important. I don't think I've ever had a car with #2 for the turn signal blink.
For my Odyssey's, they have #1 above, automatic window, but only for driver's window.

Some other features which I can't live without:
- Outside temperature reading near speedometer. I look at this all the time in both the coldest winter and hotest summer.
- Heated Seats for those freezing winter days when you first get into car.
- Navigation screen: In case your phone battery dies when using google Maps, and you're in the middle of nowhere.
- DVD screen for middle/rear rows: Great to watch movies while someone else is driving on those cross country vacations.
- Sunroof - Fun to use at night to see the stars.
- ScanGaugeII to monitor your instantaneous and cumulative trip gas mileage.

Back