Turtle Wax 75th Birthday Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax

Everybody is jumping on the ceramic or graphene bandwagon. Even Simoniz has a new ceramic spray out.

But, historically Turtle and Simoniz have been fairly cheap and have been surpassed by other companies. Again, what has changed? Are they still bottom feeders or have they improved that much.

But, historically Turtle and Simoniz have been fairly cheap and have been surpassed by other companies. Again, what has changed? Are they still bottom feeders or have they improved that much.

The product you tried does't compare to Ice Seal N Shine or later products. Try it. It is cheap. You'll only risk about 10 bucks.

The product you tried does't compare to Ice Seal N Shine or later products. Try it. It is cheap. You'll only risk about 10 bucks.
I’m willing to try their products as long as they are at least as good as the Meguiar’s products that I’m currently using. Even the Mother’s Gold Quick Detailer was better than the Ice Quick Detailer.

I've found Seal N Shine and Hybrid Solutions Ceramic to out last Meguiar's Ceramic. I've got a bottle of the Maguire's that I used once and then parked. Seal N Shine blew it away. HS Ceramic works like Seal N Shine but I think it shines a bit better. Both last longer than the Meguire's, in terms of beading, in my experience.

I've found Seal N Shine and Hybrid Solutions Ceramic to out last Meguiar's Ceramic. I've got a bottle of the Maguire's that I used once and then parked. Seal N Shine blew it away. HS Ceramic works like Seal N Shine but I think it shines a bit better. Both last longer than the Meguire's, in terms of beading, in my experience.
I haven’t used any ceramic type spray wax or detailer from any company yet. I still have some Meguiar’s Ultimate Quick Wax and Ultimate Quick Detailer. I’ll pick some of the new TW Ceramic and try it.

Just my thinking but Turtle Wax and Simoniz came from a era when competition was slim. Now we have dozens and dozens of companies, and as alluded to earlier, a lot of companies from overseas in the mix for car care products.

Graphene is still starting out but ceramic has taken over and those companies that don’t offer a ceramic product will be left behind.

It’s a good question. Among all the products out there some are standouts and others are just popular names.

I haven’t used any ceramic type spray wax or detailer from any company yet. I still have some Meguiar’s Ultimate Quick Wax and Ultimate Quick Detailer. I’ll pick some of the new TW Ceramic and try it.
Ultimate quick wax and detailer are very good. There will likely be any ground breaking difference for you to be honest. Maybe more longevity but lots of spray users are using it before it’s worn off anyways.

we are always chasing that next best thing but once the money is spent most of the time the products are so similar in look and performance that the gain wasnt worth the payout

Ultimate quick wax and detailer are very good. There will likely be any ground breaking difference for you to be honest. Maybe more longevity but lots of spray users are using it before it’s worn off anyways.

we are always chasing that next best thing but once the money is spent most of the time the products are so similar in look and performance that the gain wasnt worth the payout
You are correct. They are very good products. I have had very good results with them. Griot’s Garage Ceramic 3 in 1 is likely better than the Turtle product.

I put the Ceramic Graphene Paste Wax on my Jeep today. It makes the Firecracker Red paint look great, but no better than the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic or the Graphene Flex Wax spray. I haven't seen the beading and hope it lasts a nice long time. I've found Hybrid Solutions Ceramic lasts a little longer than Seal N Shine on the areas of my doors that get splashed (1 coat, 24 hour cure, then 2nd coat). Those doors will tell the story with this new paste wax. If it doesn't last any longer, then I'll use it up on both my Jeeps and will then either settle back to the Flex Wax or Hybrid Solutions. If it does, then it is here to stay.

I still like the Hybrid Solutions, Seal N Shine, and Flex Wax for their ability to go on plastic, rubber, and stickers.

I used Hybrid Solutions black wax for my black hard top. Love that stuff. It hides pin stripes from branches from off-roading.

I'll try and get a pic in the sun tomorrow.
5TbCcNg.jpg

Did you put the paste on your stickers?
Nope. I used the Flex Wax on them, which TW had confirmed could be done. I did apply the paste wax to the windshield and windows, though. Hybrid Solutions has worked better than Rain-X, so I'm betting this stuff will be even better.

I emailed TW two weeks ago asking why it can't be put on plastic and crickets from them.

I'd try Facebook Messenger. They have been very quick to respond to me there in the past.
What is this Facebook you speak of?

JoelB, my car has black plastic cladding, I want to know if it's safe to use this product on it.

Plastic doesn't need to be waxed. Same concept as windows, trim, badges, grills. Wax around them and use the correct product to treat them.

All the waxes i've used have been put on glass, plastic, lights and all trim with no problems, don't think this wax is any different. ;)

Back