TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax Spray vs. Seal & Shine Ceramic Spray ?

Turtle Wax Seal & Shine is no longer sold at WM - however the slightly more expensive TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Wax is stocked at WM ... For those who have used both of the above - what are the differences between the two ?

Its a good product. It shines way more but has a slightly less chemical resistence than seal n shine. Overall i'd estimate them to last witin a month of each other.

I am not sure if these are the exact two products you are referring to but, give it a look.

And this video as well.

EDIT:
And how about a 3rd video for a trilogy?

Last edited:
I think that TW hit a home run with all of their new product line. However, I like Seal n Shine for the everyday user(me).
And the other product for the detail fanatic.

I just hope that TW doesn't change the Seal n Shine for the worst because they made it too good from the start as compared to the other products they're trying to sell. That's why I just bought 2 bottles from AAP on sale w/ $peed Perk$.

Last edited:
Thanks - first two is the comparison but good to know about the 3rd product comparison !

*I'm in the everyday user category - Seal & Shine for the win as the best value versus cost !

^^^ I agree. However, if you can't find it at Walmart, look elsewhere.
I not only like TWIS&S for its seal and shine properties for my paint(mainly from the YouTube reviews that I've watched) but, for a maintenance topper as well on the paint after washing .
In other works, Iike my paint to look just waxed after every wash, not just washed & wiped dry.

Last edited:
I've used both and you can't wrong wrong with either one IMO.

That said, I find the seal & shine to be easier to apply. The ceramic stuff can be kind of finicky if you're not meticulous about prep work, right temperature, not in sun, etc. It has a tendency to streak for me (especially on darker cars) if not done in the right conditions, and the streaks can be difficult to get off, but time and a couple rain showers does the trick.

The seal & shine is one of the easiest I've used. Shine/gloss afterward is pretty comparable between the two, but ceramic stuff beads water about 30% longer in my experience-- personally I prefer the seal & shine due to less effort involved in the application.

*I'm in the everyday user category - Seal & Shine for the win as the best value versus cost !
Cost-wise, the two are within a buck or two. I have used both--S&S the last two years, and HS Ceramic Spray just this month. Actually paid a little less ($12.87 at Walmart) for the Ceramic Spray. The improved version of S&S was closer to $14.

I am not sure if these are the exact two products you are referring to but, give it a look.

And this video as well.

EDIT:
And how about a 3rd video for a trilogy?

On the first one, what a terrible test! He flat out admits that he didn't follow the instructions on the Ceramic Spray (did not allow 24 hours to cure).

^^^There is another video on YouTube where both products were used and the reviewer waited 24 hrs for both before testing them against the chems & elements. The Ceramic won but it was still close.

*Looks like TW Seal & Shine is the best value going - yet WM discontinues it ? Every time I bought it at WM the inventory was definitely moving as it was hard to keep in stock (according to the Dept. Manager) .

Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating - 16 Fl Oz.​

I have used the above on one compact car, one suv and one full size truck.
2022 Kia rio 5, 2022 Hyundai palisade and 2021 Ford F150.
I have used about 1 and 1/4 bottles. My preferred method of install is wash vehicle dry and let sit for 1 hour, apply with wax applictor pad let flash then buff with microfiber rag, I like to work late evening starting application 2 hours before sunset. I keep it off clear glass I have not found any method to keep it from hazing slightly.
Application time was a little longer than i would have liked but the results have been good and no white residue in body seams.

99% of these spray sealants work about the same, some lasting a bit longer than others but never by much. I've been using Tec582 and haven't looked back.

I'm always tempted by the Wet Coat/Hydro2 type products as they are very easy to use and help air dry.

99% of these spray sealants work about the same, some lasting a bit longer than others but never by much. I've been using Tec582 and haven't looked back.

I'm always tempted by the Wet Coat/Hydro2 type products as they are very easy to use and help air dry.

How does the TEC582 compared to Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic spray wax?

If TW Seal & Shine is easier to apply / remove and is within 5% durability of TW Hybrid Ceramic Wax - then that is what I will use as easier application wins out !

Since it seemed to rate well here and on amazon I got a gallon of TEC582 I will be using it in a wax as you dry application. If I can use it 4-5 times a year and it seems to help keep the cars clean it is a win. Maybe I can skip the TW hybrid ceramic….? I like the TW hybrid ceramic but the application was a little long. So a easy “wax”as dried product will probably be my new routine.
Side note the Tw hybrid ceramic spray seems to be working well on all 3 cars the truck does not get driven often and gets covered in tree pollen. I sprayed it clean today in less than 5 minutes with a spray nozzle on a garden hose. It blasted most of the dirt off and beaded up like crazy. I sprayed it quickly and drove it over 45 mph it mostly dried.

I'm using CarPro's HydrO2 Foam every time I wash our vehicles. The stuff is awesome. I don't do car washes, and always wash by hand, so it's a no brainer for me. It's nice not having to change anything I do to wash, but getting the added benefit of sealing the paint every time.

Back