Toyota owners...do you use Yota filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yota OEM filters from my local dealers are now made by Champion vs Japan. If not Yota OEM what brand do you use. I am considering WIX for my 01 Highlander and 05 Tacoma.

[ January 11, 2005, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Back40 ]

I use Pure One as the spin on filter, Motor Guard as a bypass.
cheers.gif

I am currently useing up a lot of six Puro-Denso filter I bought a year ago. I normaly buy from Russel TOyota. I have used Fram,Delco,MotorCraft, Puralator,Peak Hard Driver,STP,Bosch,Duestch and others with no problem. I do choose not to use Fram due to their contrustion methods. I never had any filter failm except the Peak Hard Drivers. They were tricky to put on because their gasket was not attached well and it would fall off as you were trying to install them and then leak.

I planned on using Toyota filters from a dealer for my wife's '04 Corolla. But once I found BITOG, I'm comfortable with running anything 'cept Fram. Right now I have a SuperTech on it with Mobil 1 5W-30 and it's running like a "champion".
grin.gif

I use the Supertech 3614 or any Purolator filter I feel like. I used to use Fram original orange 3614 and Delco pf53 until finding BITOG, eventhough I really didn't have any problems with those for over 100K miles. I wouldn't mind still using the Delco if I could find them for a good price. I drive a 1994 Toy truck with a 22re.

I personally prefer denso 'first time fit' filters. Available from most any online parts house that uses the worldpac system.

JMH

I was using the toyota filters (japanes with the novel media) religiously.

Last time I went to buy one, they weren't Japanese, weren't the novel media, and weren't any cheaper.

So I use Ryco.

I have been using "TRD" USA some say it's just a over priced Wix I don't know, but am thinking of trying a Wix or Pure One.
cheers.gif

I always used the Toytoat and the Pure one's on my Tacoma. Since coming here I will be watching the dealers supply. If they are the Champions I will stop going to the dealer. Purolator Premium plus and champions will do the job just fine. The main thing I look for with the 3.4 v-6 is a good ADBV. Motorcraft is also a good filter I haven't had the oppurtunity to try on the Toyota.

My dealer doesn't have japan made filters only US and Theiland. I use the Theiland because it has a plastic cover over the bottom and is pre greased which shows more care in making then the Us filters. The # is YZZD1

I am using Motorcraft on my LX450 - both the FL300 and FL400.

I've thought about using the FL400 on my Sienna (I have heard it fits) but have not actually done it myself.

The Motorcraft filters came out well in the filter studies I have seen here at BITOG and they are available at Wally World for under $3 in vast quantities!!

Tim

92 V6 using Amsoil filters since 1000 miles. If I did not use these I would use K&N, flow over filtration any day IMO. 171,000 miles.

Best filter for under $3

FL-400S $2.77 at walmart

Fits many toyotas. I have it on my tercel. Im going to put it on my tundra once the warranty is no longer a concern.

Here is what I got about toyota oem...

-

-

Left to right... ToyotaUSA oem // ToyotaJPN oem // TRD USA

USA oem = not heavy at all, smaller inlets, nothing too special

TRD = WIX much?

JPN oem = Way nicer then USA, it appears to be almost identical to the champion labs style filters.

I will be cutting them all up so I will post results

I've got a '95 Corolla that has used primarily SuperTech filters and SuperTech oil. The car currently has 233,000 miles on it.

I have an '03 Highlander that is using a Trasko filer. The jury is still out - this vehicle only has 32,000 miles on it.

IMO, you can't go wrong with the Toyota filters even if they're made by Champion. You're just going to spend a little more.

Only time I used TMC filters was when the dealer did the change. Otherwise it's mostly whatever brand filter. Lately (50k?) i've used Microguard.

The monkeys at the dealership keep overtightening the filter on the Highlander, I've had to destroy 2 on the Highlander so far just to get them off.

163k on the 97 Camry, 167k on the 93 Camry, 38k on the 02 Highlander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back