Toyota new IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
its interesting with their hybred tech. and the sales they must generate with those cars that they would invest in money and effort into this type of car.

Do you really expect an American to buy a 1000 cc engine car? Even the Prius comes with a 1.5 liter engine. It's considered wimpy here but is a powerful engine in Europe...

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Do you really expect an American to buy a 1000 cc engine car? Even the Prius comes with a 1.5 liter engine. It's considered wimpy here but is a powerful engine in Europe...
Don't know if Toyota will ever import this but it looks like it going to be around 67 HP from what I can see. I think it would sell ok in the US if they could keep the price at 7 to 10 grand less than a Prius.

I'm old enough to remember the original very small 1st generation Civic from the 70s with a 1200 or so cc 50 HP engine. There wasn't many Honda car dealers around then but after the oil embargo of 73, Honda could not make the small Civics fast enough for years. Toyota had the same problem with their Corolla. Gas was much cheaper back than. I think we are going to see a return of more and more economical 30 + MPG cars in the US over the next five years with the economy and inflation going the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back