I bought a 2010 Prius for $3000

Nice looking car. I can't believe I've never seen anything about the paint issue. That's news to me.
I'm curious, did you have to remove the front bumper cover to install the new headlight assemblies?

Yes, I had to remove the front bumper cover. There is a third bolt for the headlights that is under the bumper cover. Not really a bad job, I watched a how-to on Youtube, and I guess I spent an hour or two on the job. AND I finally splurged on a set of specialty pliers for popping out those plastic push pins - should have done that a LONG time ago.

This generation seems to be RARE in our local self-serve junkyards. But a Prius "IV" with the sunroof and leather just showed up at the LKQ self-serve. I am thinking I want that leather-wrapped steering wheel!

Just got back from the repaint!

They only painted metal, so it's not perfect, but it looks pretty good now.

20240417_170315.jpg
20240417_170327.jpg
20240417_170342.jpg

In that time, I replaced the sway bar links and replaced another wheel bearing. My son drove it on a flat tire, so I replaced all four tires and got it aligned.

They were booked for months - I took it to the dealer in October and got a date to repaint in March. I think it was March 25. I just got the car back today, so I guess that's about three and a half weeks. During this time, I was given a new Corolla SE for a loaner car. I liked the Corolla a lot and was afraid it would be a letdown to get the Prius back. But I actually enjoyed getting to drive the old Prius again.

Back