Toyota Avalon leaking oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until this thread, I did not know that they sold that stuff, but since I am in college and I am therefore new to cars, I am not qualified to find the leak myself. In the future I might be, but after the seals are fixed, I plan to run synthetic oil in the car after doing two cycles of an Auto-RX treatment so I do not have that problem again.

Too bad the car isn't a Honda. My elderly mother gave her '94 Accord with about the same miles to my sister when she bought a new 2003. I drove the old thing to Spokane this past spring. No leaks, no problems, no worries, but that is typical of Hondas.

gedcruise, older Hondas are not well known to be leak free. Many have problems with the O-rings they seem to prefer to conventional flat gaskets.

I've had old Hondas, and they have not leaked oil. I've always tought that the o-rings, which Honda does seem to like, are a better soloution than the paper gaskets used in so many applications.

gedcruise, if the car has been a Honda, it would have had many more problems as a consequence of the poor maintenance it had during the first ten years of its life; I doubt there are many other cars out there that could handle 10 years without PCV valve, air filter and fuel filter changes and with inconsistent oil change intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back