Toyota 90915-YZZN1 ADBV Composition

What is the composition of the Toyota 90915-YZZN1 ADBV? Denso's website states they use 'silicon' ADBVs.

Thanks!

Just received this from a local parts dept.

Looks like its silicone. Makes sense for the extended drain intervals and synthetic oil specified by Toyota.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.35.27 AM.jpg

What is the composition of the Toyota 90915-YZZN1 ADBV? Denso's website states they use 'silicon' ADBVs.

Thanks!
The Denso's aftermarket oil filters are made in China and have a reddish anti drainback valve. They also come on some new Toyotas with a Toyota logo, still made in China.The N1 greenish hue adbv could be silicone, or high temp nitrile. I would vote for the latter. The email says silicone but it isn't from the maker, so it's a second hand source. They saying it's silicone doesn't mean it is. The factory knows what it is. I never had a Toyota adbv get hardened or show any kind of defect, so it really makes no difference. I suspect it is their special blend of nitrile. Nitrile is not a bad thing.

The Toyota 90915-YZZN1 is made in Thailand. The ones on the vehicle from the factory are made in China - Part No 90915-10003.

There are a few with pics on ebay. The ADBV shows up as black. I doubt it is silicone. Passed on this part for my gf upcoming 2018 camry coming off toyota care plus. The filter is mounted sideways and ph4967 was only 3.88.

Cut open shows that it is actually olive green:

Most likely a “siliconized or nitrile rubber”. What % of silicone qualifies the ok to put on paper that it’s a silicone bypass?

Just another food for thought. I would like to believe that synthetic engine oil in itself would be less harmful to “natural”rubbers hence the reason a lot of car manufacturers fringe on oil additives and flushes that contain other chemicals. Google it you’ll be surprised what you’ll find.

The freezer test would be a way to determine the ADBV flexibility at below zero. I did this between a known nitrile and know silicone ADBV, and the difference in flexability at -10F was very obvious.

Back