Toyota 90915-YZZN1 ADBV Composition

The freezer test would be a way to determine the ADBV flexibility at below zero. I did this between a known nitrile and know silicone ADBV, and the difference in flexability at -10F was very obvious.
I can purchase a WIX 51394 / NAPA Gold 1394 and a new Toyota 90915-YZZN1, cut them open, and throw the ABDVs in the freezer at work.

Dude you were the one who suggested it, not me. I thought that I’d you’re making the suggestion you’d have some basis for it.
I don’t social media because of people with your mentality and I’m not about to entertain you any further. Siliconize is a word.. you can purchase siliconized caulk therefore it’s a possibility a rubber can be impregnated with silicone to reduce cost etc over a 100% silicone product.

I searched and found nothing about combining nitrile rubber with silicone to make some hybride material. Don't think it's possible.

Also, this discussion comes up all the time apparently - Re. black vs colored silicone.

I can be a runner to the internet perfesser too. Nitrile can be all kinds of things depending on who makes it. I have done the freezer test more than once, Toyota valve not hardened by my freezer. I have both the N1 and Toyota China 1003 here. N1 greenish hue adbv, other one reddish. Then there is the Denso aftermarket version, which I don’t have here. They seem harder to find now probably because not many buy them.

I don’t social media because of people with your mentality and I’m not about to entertain you any further. Siliconize is a word.. you can purchase siliconized caulk therefore it’s a possibility a rubber can be impregnated with silicone to reduce cost etc over a 100% silicone product.
My mentality? You mean the mentality of pulling stuff out of nowhere and throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks?

Most likely a “siliconized or nitrile rubber”. What % of silicone qualifies the ok to put on paper that it’s a silicone bypass?
Got any links showing that nitrile and silicone rubber can be combined? I didn't find any info on that. Seems it's either one or the other ... not a hybrid compound.

Got any links showing that nitrile and silicone rubber can be combined? I didn't find any info on that. Seems it's either one or the other ... not a hybrid compound.
Why is what I said being misinterpreted? I said silconized or nitrile rubber. Meaning one or the other.. either silicone rubber or nitrile rubber.

Cut open shows that it is actually olive green:

Interesting, first time seeing the Toyota Thai Denso with olive drab adbv. I could be on board with that being a silicone adbv. Otoh, the current China made Denso labeled OFs now with black adbv, and Toyota Thai Denso YZZF2 with black adbv, I'll just say "I" am much more skeptical (being kind) of them being silicone. 'If' they are, seems like a silly idea, 'imo.'

Interesting, first time seeing the Toyota Thai Denso with olive drab adbv. I could be on board with that being a silicone adbv. Otoh, the current China made Denso labeled OFs now with black adbv, and Toyota Thai Denso YZZF2 with black adbv, I'll just say "I" am much more skeptical (being kind) of them being silicone. 'If' they are, seems like a silly idea, 'imo.'
Color doesn't necessitate composition although nitrile is typically black.

I agreed that topic filter adbv could well be silicone. Until proven otherwise, stand by 'my opine' as posted on off topic filters noted with black adbv. Others free to think what they will about them. No need for me to beat the horse dead on the latter.

Last edited:
Back