Toyota 5.7 litre by pass

Hey folks- wondering if anybody has any experience installing a bypass filter system on a 5.7 liter Toyota Tundra (2007). This motor has an inner oil filter (not a spin on)and I am trying to figure out how to plumb in an Amsoil by pass sytem.
I could sure use your help.
Bigracefan

You really do not in a bypass filter ,,,,,but the cover of the filter housing could be drilled and tapped or tee into the oil pressure gauge fitting ,buy an Amsoil return swivel fitting and fit it to the oil fill cap. Amsoil has all the hardware to install the filter, real good stuff ask the site sponsers they are really,really good.

The sender would be your easiest option (well, it depends on where the sender is located). Since it appears that your Tundra has some plastic thing going on with the canister cover, I don't think tapping that out will be an option.

Thanks Gary. This would all be a little easier if Amsoil made an EaO filter for 5.7. I don't mind changing my oil at the Amsoil recommended intervals. But the Wix filter I have been using needs to be changed every 5,000 miles and removing that skid shield every other month is a real pain. Still open to suggestions...

Bump...

At this point, does anyone know if this is a viable way to add a bypass system to a 2007 Tundra 5.7 liter?

Bump...

At this point, does anyone know if this is a viable way to add a bypass system to a 2007 Tundra 5.7 liter?
I've had a Pareto Point Industries TopDog V bypass system on our FJ Cruiser for 10 yrs and 160k miles. My bypass filter is a Amsoil EaBP90. I love it. FJ has 215k miles now and doesn't leak or burn any oil. Maybe they make a system for your vehicle. Give em a call. https://paretopoint.com/

Thanks Gary. This would all be a little easier if Amsoil made an EaO filter for 5.7. I don't mind changing my oil at the Amsoil recommended intervals. But the Wix filter I have been using needs to be changed every 5,000 miles and removing that skid shield every other month is a real pain. Still open to suggestions...
bigracefan
I agree with Linctex I run my full flow Amsoil EAO-26 to 25k miles, and my bypass filter BP-100 to 75k miles (it's supposed to be 70k miles, but the math works better at 75k miles)

Stainless steel lines holding an-6 fittings to seal both ends if needed during a leak or bypass the filter completely.

Back