Toughest, most durable wax/protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your opinions on the most durable auto wax ???

I am looking for the toughest, longest lasting, most durable wax/protectant to protect my vehicles from the magnesium chloride here in Colorado. I think Turtle Wax HardShell is pretty tough, seems to be tougher and better bead than the Meguiars I just put on them. The Meguiars Cleaner wax I just put on them. The Meguiars seems to apply to the vehicle easier and rub off with less effort than the Turtle Wax. I just want a good tough wax, not particular about fine or subtle differences in appearance.

Collonite (sp?) boat wax used to have a good reputation for holding up in salt water the longest.

Just read a study our state did on mag chlor vs regular salt and the effects on different metals and surfaces. They've been running sample plates on the vehicles and monitoring the corrosion for few years. Can't remember if anyone was a painted surface though?

Quote:

Zaino synthetic is reputed to be the toughest wax/polish available. Google for on-line source. Not available in stores.

It is!
I've used Zaino for years.
smile.gif

Is it possible that the searing rays arriving from the sun are harder on your paint than the salty stuff?

I don't know.

But, if the relentless pummeling of solar excreta, day after month after year is the biggest threat you may need something that is supposed to repel those rays.

303 Aerospace Protectant. Using it here on a trial basis. Started last summer. Three month delay while waiting for new paint from repair to exhale. Starting again when non-frigid weather arrives.

Not recommending 303, just a mention that it MAY be the best product for your needs.

Zaino bud, and it's fun to use. But anyway it is by far the most durable. Check out detailersclub.com

Zaino is a good product, but it's not the only one. Klasse Sealant Glaze and Jeff Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett are also very durable

Collinite Insulator Wax and Meguiar's #16 are among the most durable waxes

Quote:

Zaino is a good product, but it's not the only one. Klasse Sealant Glaze and Jeff Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett are also very durable
Collinite Insulator Wax and Meguiar's #16 are among the most durable waxes

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/nocal123/wax.jpg?t=1172086550

I'm a high end detailer and I agree with you, Klasse/werkstat and Collinite are good products and I still use them. Megs 16 is discoed from new VOC laws. I just want to show you I'm not talking through my budt, I use all these and many many more products. However, the new Zaino blows everything away in the looks department and durabilty department. It looks like a high end Carnuba but has durabilty like nothing I've ever used. The only thing I'd ever consider using again that's non Zaino for protection would be Collinite, simply because it's very econimical. It still doesn't have the durabilty or looks of Zaino though. I'm telling you as a detailer I will not be ordering anything except the new Zaino becasue they have seperated themselves from the pack with their new sealants that look wet and deep. My customers dictate what I use and I have never had any complaints with the new Zaino sealants. They are blowin away the first time they see it, and even more satisfied when the see tight beads lasting near a year. The good news if your a new buyer you can buy ZAIO and the Zaino sealants w/o having to use ZFX if you choose. Anyhow, don't want to get in the usual Zaino pizzing contest, but in my opinion the stuff is the best out there.

Meg's #26 works really good on my 06 sentra, waxed her last sept. still holding up great. I live in upstate ny and the winters are pretty harsh on a cars finish.

Collinite 476S wax is even more durable than their Insulator wax. I've been very pleased with how long it lasts. It still beads very well after 6 months.

I've never tried Zaino, primarily because it always seemed like the application process was more complicated and time consuming. Looking at their website, I'm confused by the number of products they have. If it requires multiple products to acheive the best results, I'm not interested. The Z-CS claer seal sounds like something I would use. Is anyone using that product alone with good results?

^ I checked their website also. Their new AIO product sounds nice. For the average daily driver, you wouldn't need anything else. Klasse AIO would also be great. You do not need the second product if you don't want to go that extra step for more deep shine.

I agree with Harry, if you're going to use Collinite go with doublecoat. The reason why people like 845 so much is it's a little easier to use. Collinite can be a pain to remove.

The new Zaino ZAIO is the most simple double process possible, just like AIO (klasse), you just wipe on and off and you just cleaned and sealed you paint. The easiest product made was ZAINO CS were you don't even have buff off. I've used it a couple times on paint and once on a window. The stuff is perfect for someone who doesn't want a complicated process. If you use ZAIO you don't need to use ZFX with their sealants. So the point is the new zaino system if very user friendly. You don't need all the extras, you can start with the basics ZAIO, and add on from there or not.

All you need is ZAIO and maybe a tire shine if you want basic protection. It happens that those two have the same bubblegum scent. I think Zaino didn't have time to develop another scent for ZAIO because they usually have different scents for all their stuff.

Quote:

The new Zaino ZAIO is the most simple double process possible, just like AIO (klasse), you just wipe on and off and you just cleaned and sealed you paint.

Would using just ZAIO still provide maximum protection? I'm more concerned with protection than I am with a deep gloss, so I want the longest lasting protection I can get without a huge amount of work.
Can ZAIO be top coated with a carnauba wax to prolong the protection or would it make more sense to top coat with another Zaino product if I'm going to the trouble.
Or...is it better to just add a second coat of ZAIO after awhile?

ZAIO can't be layered, just like Klasse AIO. It basically polishes itself off and leaves the same level of protection. I would do the ZAIO after a good wash and clay, top with the new ZCS, and "renew" every month or so with Z8. Besides the wash and clay, thats just 3 products for a superior finish and long lasting protection. Extremely user friendly without having to break out the buffer and numerous polishes. Plus, you don't use very much for each application so you're not buying product very often. Zaino really has turned things upside down with these new products. Nothing out there compares in terms of durability and ease of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back