Paint protection. It’s all futile.

I love products that are extremely hydrophobic and bead well for one reason - airdry. I can airdry the vehicle in seconds when using Can Coat. It eliminates the need to touch the paint to dry.

I really do think Can Coat is one of the GOAT in the detailing world. You apply it just like any other sealant. You can layer it and even top up with it after 6 months. It's extremely durable. Just a fantastic product.

Agree. The entire wash process is quicker with a coated car. The hydrophobics allow the microfiber mit to glide over the paint effortlessly. I use less water and product. Rinsing is a cinch.

I love products that are extremely hydrophobic and bead well for one reason - airdry. I can airdry the vehicle in seconds when using Can Coat. It eliminates the need to touch the paint to dry.

One of the reasons why I love Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish is because it's the most hydrophobic product I've ever used. I've never had a ceramic coating but this stuff seems to be almost as close as you can get in a regular sealant. Unfortunately they discontinued this product a few years ago but when I knew it was happening I bought every can I could find and I still have 7 full cans (one can lasts 30 applications) I apply it once a month to the Civic and once every two months to the Corvette. I'm not sure what I'm going to use once my stash runs out, as I really like these Wipe On Walk Away products, but there aren't many of them left out there. I might just spring for a big dollar Graphene coating at that point.

Which PPF has the best stone protection? I have 3M headlight film and it is much thicker that EXPEL which is what the rest of the front of the car has.

i wash my car often and wax it a couple time a year. but the only thing that really protect paint is a paint protection film. i have one installed on every vehicle i buy. the entire front of the vehicle is done including mirrors, lights and top of vehicle above windshield. but yes it's not inexpensive. and there are various quality grade too. all other methods can do nothing against sand and rocks and debris.

Back