Wax, Ceramic for dark colors?

For black paint and dark grey paint what would be a good wax or Ceramic to use? I would like to use the same product on the door trims, headlights etc so Ceramic has caught my eye. I did pick up some turtle wax min wax at Walmart.

I used to use mothers wax but that was a huge amount of work! I'm just looking for protecting against the sun and to stop black trim from drying out over time not sure what to do on plastic head lights to stop them from frosting up they are still new at the moment.

For black paint and dark grey paint what would be a good wax or Ceramic to use? I would like to use the same product on the door trims, headlights etc so Ceramic has caught my eye. I did pick up some turtle wax min wax at Walmart.

I used to use mothers wax but that was a huge amount of work! I'm just looking for protecting against the sun and to stop black trim from drying out over time not sure what to do on plastic head lights to stop them from frosting up they are still new at the moment.

Hello.

And welcome to BITOG!

What vehicles are you referring to? Older models that haven’t seen too much detailing? Or new rides that you want to protect?

Personally, I wouldn’t use a wax or a sealant on black trim. Save those for the paint. Trim-wise, I’ve had good results using Aerospace 303 on black trim. I’ve also had success using Sonus Motor and Trim Kote.

Either way, read the instructions on the label!

I’m not sure where you are located, but with car wax, even a high quality wax like Collinite 845S or their high end 915 likely won’t last as long in locations where it’s sunny and hot, unless your cars are in a garage.

I prefer a sealant, namely Sonus Ion or Jescar/Menzerna Power Lock Plus. Either one gives solid protection and both will work well to prevent hazing on headlights.

I've heard good reviews of this product from Turtle Wax, especially formulated for black vehicles. 20% off this month, as well!

Hello.

And welcome to BITOG!

What vehicles are you referring to? Older models that haven’t seen too much detailing? Or new rides that you want to protect?

Personally, I wouldn’t use a wax or a sealant on black trim. Save those for the paint. Trim-wise, I’ve had good results using Aerospace 303 on black trim. I’ve also had success using Sonus Motor and Trim Kote.

Either way, read the instructions on the label!

I’m not sure where you are located, but with car wax, even a high quality wax like Collinite 845S or their high end 915 likely won’t last as long in locations where it’s sunny and hot, unless your cars are in a garage.

I prefer a sealant, namely Sonus Ion or Jescar/Menzerna Power Lock Plus. Either one gives solid protection and both will work well to prevent hazing on headlights.

Two black cars 2023 and 2019, i wanted to avoid as much fading as possible and the headlights from frosting over as they age. From what i can gather using Plexus on the head lights will stop it.

I also have white and silver older cars 1997 and 2010.

Thanks for the help.

I've heard good reviews of this product from Turtle Wax, especially formulated for black vehicles. 20% off this month, as well!

I did come across that. It seems black paint is the worst to keep clean it shows everything. I think the previous owner used automatic car washes as you can see what appears to be swirl marks.

Collinite 915
Thank me later.
Unreal gloss, shine, depth and longevity

+1. By far the best. Just does not last quite as long if left in the sun. 4-5 months though would be realistic. not 6+.

Back