Black Magic wet shine liquid wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a coat of Black Magic wet shine liquid wax on my 06 Tundra 2 weeks ago. This truck came with good color but an unimpressive water base paint job.

So far very happy with the results. But I got to it is very waxy product. Its not an easy product to get good results on the 1st hand buff. I had to hand buff it out a 2nd time. After that it looked excellent, showing good depth and a very slick surface to the spectra blue mica paint. It does look somewhat like a wet shine.

A very positive experience with this product on some of the textured black plastic trim used on this truck. It left no visual wax marks or residue unlike some other product I've tried so far. Can not stand waxs or polishes that shows residue on black plastic trim especially if its white.

All in all if you don't mind the extra buffing involved using this it might be worth a try for many.

I cannot comment on durability because its only been on two weeks. So far it looks good.

Haven't seen this product on the shelves but, I have used a product in the past from BLACK MAGIC called Body Wet that is no longer sold. I liked this product alot! Turtle Wax Ice is similar to the Body Wet that I'am refering too. Clear liquid like baby oil.

quote:

Originally posted by Char Baby:
Haven't seen this product on the shelves but, I have used a product in the past from BLACK MAGIC called Body Wet that is no longer sold. I liked this product alot! Turtle Wax Ice is similar to the Body Wet that I'am refering too. Clear liquid like baby oil.

So far only have seen it in Walmart.

I don't want to confuse the BLACK MAGIC Body Wet with the Black Magic Tire Wet. I have seen the Tire Wet(baby oil looking stuff) at WalMart. I'll check Wally's soon and see if I can find the new "Wet Shine". I said it before and I'll say it again..."I love these types of products".

quote:

Originally posted by Char Baby:
I don't want to confuse the BLACK MAGIC Body Wet with the Black Magic Tire Wet. I have seen the Tire Wet(baby oil looking stuff) at WalMart. I'll check Wally's soon and see if I can find the new "Wet Shine". I said it before and I'll say it again..."I love these types of products".

Its Black Magic Liquid Wet Shine.So far found it Only in Walmart.Tried a bunch of other places but no avail.Walmart had alot.At least here in South Florida.

Paid $5.65 for 16fl oz.Seems reasonable to me.Does last longer then New Finish for sure.

Washed it a couple of times and car is still smooth.With N.F. the smoothness would be gone for sure.

One last question! Is this product a wax that dries to a haze and has to be buffed off or is it a detail type product that gets applied and rubbed in?

Dries to a haze. Requires a fair amount of buffing, more than any wax I have ever used. So far after 6 weeks its holding up very well on my truck. I very impressed with this wax.

I'll pass! Don't like buffing anymore and I don't always need to use a buffer with many of todays products. I like the quick detail products after each wash for my own vehicles and for my customers vehicles I pay my help for that.

quote:

Originally posted by Hirev:
Dries to a haze. Requires a fair amount of buffing, more than any wax I have ever used. So far after 6 weeks its holding up very well on my truck. I very impressed with this wax.

Alot more buffing.The 30 minuite wax time is a hour with Black Magic on the Crown Vic.But it lasts longer in the pouring rain and brutal sun here in Miami so i guess its worth it.

Went to WalMart and saw this stuff. Opened the bottle and rubbed some between my fingers. Smelled like their detailer product. Wiped some on the shelf and let it dry while I walked around. Seemed to take long to dry which could cause smudging on car paint. May have to wax the whole car and leave it in the sun while eating lunch. Then go outside and remove the residue. Seems to have alot more silicone(or what ever!) in the mix with less wax for drying.

This wax is really different how it drys. Almost more like a semi dry state, kind of waxy still. I just waxed a older black vehicle with it a week ago to see how it does on black took even more hand buffing than the blue truck. With 7 weeks on my Tundra it still has a very slick surface feel to it. I have never seen a wax leave a paint surface this slick after 7 weeks. I think I've just found my new favorite wax.

Is the Black Magic Wax a natural wax or a polymer wax? Should I use it as a base wax or will I need a sealant first before I apply this? I am currently using NXT and Mothers Carnauba. How about Nu Finish
wink.gif
heh

What i did was put a coat of New Finish on first then put on the Black Magic Liquid after that.Car was smooth as can be and seems to be lasting in the daily downpours like we've been having lately.

I had some N.F. left so thats why i did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back