Top Tier gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
I've been pretty pleased with the TT gas at Costco. I run 93 octane (E10 only there) consistently and they also seem to be the lowest price in my area. So that's a win!

I also use Costco TT fuel exclusively in the Si. The bonus for me is that it is 100% real gas and it is still at least 10c/L cheaper than anywhere else. win-win.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
I've been pretty pleased with the TT gas at Costco. I run 93 octane (E10 only there) consistently and they also seem to be the lowest price in my area. So that's a win!

I also use Costco TT fuel exclusively in the Si. The bonus for me is that it is 100% real gas and it is still at least 10c/L cheaper than anywhere else. win-win.

Where's that? Had a hard time tracking down a photo, but this is a Costco gas station in Edmonton:

[Linked Image]

CONTAINS UP TO 10% ETHANOL

Those numbers are a little bit odd for an American like me who is used to gallons.

Some areas must be a lot luckier than others. Buffalo not so much. Imagine that! LOL

The only station I've ever seen with the TT stickers on the pumps is a little mom/pop minimart Valero station that's near my home. I've never seen another pump with it in the years I've known about the TT thing.

Originally Posted by JTK
Some areas must be a lot luckier than others. Buffalo not so much. Imagine that! LOL

The only station I've ever seen with the TT stickers on the pumps is a little mom/pop minimart Valero station that's near my home. I've never seen another pump with it in the years I've known about the TT thing.

Costco does that. I've seen 76 stations where they had the Top Tier sign on the board with the prices. However, if the brand is on the Top Tier list of retailers, it's required that each one use the required amount of additive.

[Linked Image]

I've seen Arco stations with signs mentioning it.

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
I use the Shell Fuel Rewards cards to get 5 cents off per gallon.

When your gas costs 20 to 30 cents per more, or anything more than 5 cents more than the competitor, that's great.

Originally Posted by talest

When your gas costs 20 to 30 cents per more, or anything more than 5 cents more than the competitor, that's great.

Wow, you know what they say about assuming..,

In the town I live in, Shell is priced the same as any place else, so yes I do get a discount.

Originally Posted by talest

Wow, you know what they say about assuming..,

In the town I live in, Shell is priced the same as any place else, so yes I do get a discount.

Where I live in NJ the Shell station in town is the exact same price as the NON Top Tier fuel Quick Chek. I save more, 5 cents/gallon, by using my Shell fuel rewards card all the time. Plus I get additional reward points from the supermarket for Shell gasoline. Last fill up I saved 50 cents PER gallon
grin2.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted by JTK

Being in Ohio, Speedway dominates the gas station markets here and they don't do this Top Tier thing. My experience with Valero is like yours - they're always a "franchised" place and I'd be really interested to know for 100% certain that they do this TT thing. Between Valero, CITGO, Marathon and Sunoco, they are often not the best-appearing gas stations. Even the BP stations around here are just BP as a branded or licensed name. Some of them buy their fuel from the supplier that offers the best price this week. That leaves me with Shell and Costco. There's (1) Costco here, a 30-minute drive from here, plus we're not members, so that's not happening. Even if we were members, I'm not driving there for fuel each time I need it (it's really, really out of the way for us).

I do need gas and there's a Sunoco near work. They honor Kroger fuel discounts too so maybe I'll give them a try. Will look for this sticker as well. What I don't like about (this) Sunoco is they always match Speedway's prices and Speedway is notorious for dictating fuel prices at stations here. They will raise the price of fuel 30-50 cents in a single jump and all stations around follow suit (except Murphy's - they hold out for at least a day or two).

Call me skeptical, but I am not sure about this whole thing...

It is interesting to me that people are talking about TT stations that don't display the stickers. The TT site says this: "The TOP TIERâ„¢ logo must be prominently displayed."

https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

Thanks for that!

I have always used my local Sunoco station. I assumed it was a franchise because it had the 'A Plus' store (if I'm wrong on if that is the tell-tale sign let me know) and when Sunoco became a TT gas station I made it my mission to only use that one as it was the closest one around while still being convenient.

I have never once checked for the TT sign. I'll look for it next time

It is interesting to me that people are talking about TT stations that don't display the stickers. The TT site says this: "The TOP TIERâ„¢ logo must be prominently displayed."

I read that too and thought it was strange. Around here, quite a few of these TT brands are at stations that I avoid. I didn't mention it in my earlier post but another common thing I see between them is they're rarely very busy.

https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

I've read that too. Funny thing is I very rarely see a sticker anywhere around here on the brands they have listed on the website.

I must say I've never paid attention to whether there's a sticker on any pumps I use or not. Sure enough, the BP I was at this morning had them. I'll pay closer attention to some of the other TT stations I frequent.
[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back