Time for a battery...

I have a Precision brand battery in there right now. Not very happy with it.. Sold at a local Pasco had a lot of problems with it. I have to replace the negative battery terminal on my car, at the same time I'm going to replace the battery. I have a 2013 Ford Edge with a 3.5 I'm putting a 65 series battery in it. I'm looking for some reasonable recommendations please. I only drive the car about 3 or 4 days a week. Lead Acid batteries only please. Thank you.

I think you're in luck, Walmart has their value battery line in a 65. Used to be $48, no idea what they go for now, you probably have to go in store and see what they have. It just has a 1 year warranty. Several people have used them here and got at least 3-4 years out of them and I think they were in hot states so that's about how long they last.

Sam’s Club Duracell, NAPA Proformer or Legend, anything Deka, even AAA if you’re a member & can get a deal. Anything else is a crapshoot!
Yeah, can't really find who makes Precision, seems like some smaller battery company. I think Walmart is now JCI/Clarios although it has varied in the past.

EverStart maxx at Wal-Mart

Same price as Costco but 5-yr (3 plus 2 pro-rated) warranty.
Costco dropped the warranty from 42 months to 3 years.

EverStart maxx at Wal-Mart

Same price as Costco but 5-yr (3 plus 2 pro-rated) warranty.
Costco dropped the warranty from 42 months to 3 years.
If you want a longer battery warranty, Pepboy does 4 years on the Champion AGM battery. AGM is probably overkill in this application. Champion is also clearly JCI/Clarios.

Interstate batteries is really all I buy anymore or Duralast or Rural King nothing else. Not much luck with anything else. Napa batteries are supposed to be pretty good but I’ve never used one. Especially as hard as those are to change the batteries in I’d definitely get a good one. I would suggest Motorcraft but I believe all of those are AGM.

Interstate batteries is really all I buy anymore or Duralast or Rural King nothing else. Not much luck with anything else. Napa batteries are supposed to be pretty good but I’ve never used one. Especially as hard as those are to change the batteries in I’d definitely get a good one. I would suggest Motorcraft but I believe all of those are AGM.
I'm not sure...

It looks like it's going to be Sam's Club Duracell battery or Walmart Everstart Maxx. There is a lot more Walmarts, then Sam's clubs by me.. https://www.walmart.com/ip/20703125
get the walmart value battery. about 1/2 the price. same weight ==> probably the exact same battery just with a different label and lesser warranty (eg marketing). don't believe the rated cca differences. if the product delivers 880cca they can still sell it as a 650 rated battery... and an 850.... and a 750... its easier and cheaper to just make one product. microchip mfgs do this with computer chips... they actually take the extra step of cutting out part of the IC to reduce performance and sell at a lower price, even though it costs slightly more to produce. but that way they can demand a premium for the full performance chip. its called price discrimination.

Back