Thoughts on Super Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its good oil and you should get it if you are in need of oil right away, however, you can get the brand name oils for cheaper with rebates.
this is true, but then you wind up with one brand of oil with half a jug on the shelf and a different brand of oil that is on sale when you need to change your oil. if you just use one brand, the stuff in the half-empty jug on your shelf always matches the new stuff ...

this is true, but then you wind up with one brand of oil with half a jug on the shelf and a different brand of oil that is on sale when you need to change your oil. if you just use one brand, the stuff in the half-empty jug on your shelf always matches the new stuff ...
Thats why its good to have a 1995 22RE 4Runner around that consumes oil at an alarming rate 😂. I never have to change the oil and I just dump what I have laying around into it. Its had ST 5W-30, QSUD and PP all in the last couple of weeks

Also the lawnmower gets whatever I have laying around. It ran on PUP this summer.

Last edited:
Thats why its good to have a 1995 22RE 4Runner around that consumes oil at an alarming rate 😂. I never have to change the oil and I just dump what I have laying around into it. Its had ST 5W-30, QSUD and PP all in the last couple of weeks

Also the lawnmower gets whatever I have laying around. It ran on PUP this summer.
i am to leftovers in the refrigerator what your 4Runner is to motor oil in your garage 🤣

Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with Walmarts in-house brand of oil "Super Tech" was looking at there "Full Synthetic" and "Advanced Full Synthetic"
Ive used it in the past and it always seemed fine. I always used it more in small engines and even in my Stihl chainsaw or Echo weed eater it always worked well.
For the most part, as long as it meets the oil rating that is specified in your owner's manual, any oil will be just fine.

They do in Canada apparently. Some of Canadian members posted pictures of Supertech 5W40 that claims to "meet the requirements" of Euro specs like Porsche A40, BMW LL-01, Mercedes-Benz 229.5/229.3, VW 501.01/502.00/505.00.
That is right!

1638035170783.jpg

Yes the good old “meets requirements” nonsense. Better than “suitable for“ I suppose

If it meets the requirements why not go ahead and get it approved? It’s not that expensive if you’ve already done all of the test that are required to obtain the approval.

But then again maybe they haven’t done all the tests…

3 of my cars have had only supertec synth since new. one has 220k now . its a toyota with the infamous 2fz 4cyl famous for using oil. didnt start using a qt every 1500 miles till 180k

Yeah - rethinking Walmart anyway … was there early with 3 employees watching me as the lone check out - 2 at the register and one 25’ away near the door … later wanted to see my receipt - (one bag with food) she still has it unless she tossed it …
LOL At times , I tell them "Uh ,NO you don't NEED to see my receipt" They usually just stare in space with blank expression. Now if they try to follow or pursue. (only had one clown try that) I told him "Back off UNLESS you are here and now acussing me of theft and are willing to call the police." Do not do that always just when I am grouchy. It blows their mind and they back off. I saw this talked about on a legal show and they went into the fact that Walmart is the only retailer who does this constantly. Legally they can not stop you like they do sometimes piling people by the exits.

I walked into Walmart today with every intention of buying SuperTech.... but I wanted a 0w30. Well, SuperTech makes a 0w20, but not a 0w30. They only had 5w30 on the shelves. Our winters get down to -15 to -25F and the FJ is left outside. 5 mornings a week, the wife will walk outside and turn the key at 7am. I want a 0W oil......

Instead I paid a chuck more for the only jug of 0w30 in the whole store.... Mobil 1. Seriously.... Only jug of Mobil 1 in the whole store was one jug of 0w30. That Walmart now has no Mobil 1. The shelves were stocked deep with SuperTech.

April 1, I will dump the Mobil 1 and I am going to try SuperTech 10w30 High Mileage.

Last edited:
LOL At times , I tell them "Uh ,NO you don't NEED to see my receipt" They usually just stare in space with blank expression. Now if they try to follow or pursue. (only had one clown try that) I told him "Back off UNLESS you are here and now acussing me of theft and are willing to call the police." Do not do that always just when I am grouchy. It blows their mind and they back off. I saw this talked about on a legal show and they went into the fact that Walmart is the only retailer who does this constantly. Legally they can not stop you like they do sometimes piling people by the exits.
It’s a shame we live with so many dishonest people so we all get treated like one …
BiL and me stopped for Mexican food lunch specials on the way down to the coast a few days ago … They were busy and short handed … Go to checkout - bill was just under $25 and hand her a $50 … she drops my change and headed to a table wanting more tea. I look down & she has left me a $100 and a $5 … Called her - handed that back and said give me a $20 and you keep the $5 … Was very thankful - she went on to say I wonder how many would do that - I said some … but not all

I walked into Walmart today with every intention of buying SuperTech.... but I wanted a 0w30. Well, SuperTech makes a 0w20, but not a 0w30. They only had 5w30 on the shelves. Our winters get down to -15 to -25F and the FJ is left outside. 5 mornings a week, the wife will walk outside and turn the key at 7am. I want a 0W oil......

Instead I paid a chuck more for the only jug of 0w30 in the whole store.... Mobil 1. Seriously.... Only jug of Mobil 1 in the whole store was one jug of 0w30. That Walmart now has no Mobil 1.

Some of the members here wiped them out during the price mistakes 😷

That's a great way to treat a minimum wage worker who is just doing what they're told 🙄

Is there any difference between Kirkland and SuperTech? I know Warren makes both, but does anyone know if they use slightly different additives and etc?

You would never know anything about that but could do a VOA. Even that just tells you a bit about the elements from the periodic table, and really very little about the base oil. It will tell you however, if there is a difference. It would be good to use the same lab for both samples.

Is there any difference between Kirkland and SuperTech? I know Warren makes both, but does anyone know if they use slightly different additives and etc?

Search on youtube: Project Farm kirkland supertech oil

If I recall correctly, they ran an oil analysis on both and they were similar but not identical. But perfectly fine and indistinguishable for ordinary use.

Areas like mine with bag bans in effect are making this harder for that person at the entrance. Lots of people buy stuff and either take it out by hand or loose in the cart. It’s just a random check that takes a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back