Thinking about maybe switching brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

I have been a loyal user of Amsoil for the last 8 or 9 years and have recently been pondering the idea of switching everything over to Schaeffer's oil.

I use ASL 5W30 in all the cars, AMO 10W40 in the lawn equipment and gen sets, AMO 10W40/ARO 20W50 in the four wheeler and motorcycle depending on the season. Nothing at all wrong with the products. Just getting antsy to try something new. There is enough Amsoil out in the shop to last me over a year so any switch would not happen anytime real soon.

What are the pros and cons of this possible switch? Cost, quality, ETC...

Contact salesrep on the board here, he's the Schaeffers guy.

Used to be free shipping if you bought a minimum of $350, and you could mix and match any of their products. I've also heard nothing but good things about their stuff.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Bob, the founder of this site, is a Schaeffers' guy.

I believe that Bob passed away, and that Helen took it over sometime after that.

Contact Salesrep for your Schaeffer needs.

Schaeffers is excellent oil. If it is easier to get for you, and/or is cheaper than the Amsoil, go for it.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Bob, the founder of this site, is a Schaeffers' guy.

I believe that Bob passed away, and that Helen took it over sometime after that.

Contact Salesrep for your Schaeffer needs.

Bob is still alive. He had a stroke and sold the site to Tony, Helen's husband. Tony is the one that passed away, RIP.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Bob is still alive. He had a stroke and sold the site to Tony, Helen's husband. Tony is the one that passed away, RIP.

Do you know why hasn't he posted in 2 years?

He had a very severe stroke a few years back and that has really slowed him down. He has posted within the last year, but it is not very often that he does.

Its a shame that i made it too the site too late. I would have loved to get bobs ideas and thoughts on some of the more complicated questions that come thru on the forum.

Well my yearly Amsoil preferred customer deal came in the mail the other day. After a little flip flopping I went ahead and renewed it for 5 more years this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back