The US to raise import tariff on Chinese exports from 10% to 25%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
Unfortunately there is no real thought or strategy behind this change in tariffs.

I'm sure you really want to believe that. Because the alternative is just unthinkable, right...

The primary concern we should have with China is their active program to control the Western Pacific with their construction of fake islands around which they claim territorial rights.
Frequent and even continuous freedom of navigation cruises by our navy and those of our allies will help to delay this, but at some point we have to go to the UN and demand that the nations of the world collectively enforce an elimination of these fake island bases.
Wait long enough and it will be too late to do this without a major armed conflict, which the West will be very unlikely to undertake, however much this imperils our weaker Pacific allies. The Chinese are well aware of this and are planning based upon it.
WRT the economies of China and the US, while one may be little more than the roof over the vaults of Notre Dame, the other is no more than a house of cards with real debt levels that would make our Secretary of Treasury faint.
Our quasi market economy will survive the next global downturn far more easily than the command and control regime of what remains Communist China.

Good. We need them higher.

So far the new tariffs have been so horrid someone is building a new steel plant in my county.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by das_peikko
I want to see the Chinese made tools go up in price since I don't buy them anyway.

Me too. You guys better get to Harbor Freight quick.

Good, fair is fair, we were getting screwed for so many years it was pathetic.Wait another 2 mouths at 25% and go to 40%. Fairs fair China. It never should of gotten this unfair. Some will have to take the hit and all of use will pay extra but at some point they will trade fairly.

In the south were I live textiles were king for years and years and years
NAFTA changes all that and hundreds of thousands of jobs were lost. Hundreds of thousands of families lost pretty much everything they owned and ever wished they could have had.
I'm on the side of POTUS with all the tariffs on China and any other country exporting goods to the USA.
If an American made ratchet cost $30 bucks retail a Chinese made ratchet should be the same cost retail
So I say charge whatever tariff it takes to equal out the playing field Mr. DT 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Seems the globalists are OK with China's forced technology transfer, subsidized industries, devaluing of currency, and the list goes on and on.

Being coy about political topics somehow not being political is disingenuous at best and blatantly insulting the majority of the time.

I wish I had the time or inclination for babysitting adults and remove posts all evening. I don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back