The US to raise import tariff on Chinese exports from 10% to 25%

Status
Not open for further replies.
LINK

The United States will raise tariffs from 10 percent to 25 percent on $200 billion worth of Chinese imports effective Friday, according to a notice posted to the Federal Register on Wednesday.

The U.S. Trade Representative's office will establish a process to seek exclusions for certain products from additional tariffs, the Federal Register notice said. (Continued at link)

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by StevieC
Please respect the forum rules and don't make it political. Thanks.

Where was this political. It's describing what is happening. Did I mention the current administration?
21.gif

Sure.

I post a lot of news on various things. Can't help what makes the news and YOU happen to decide if it's political or not.
21.gif

In the other thread that other member clearly mentioned our Premiere for Ontario and it's why I stated what I did in response to him.

Last edited:
LINK

The United States will raise tariffs from 10 percent to 25 percent on $200 billion worth of Chinese imports effective Friday, according to a notice posted to the Federal Register on Wednesday.

The U.S. Trade Representative's office will establish a process to seek exclusions for certain products from additional tariffs, the Federal Register notice said. (Continued at link)

Trolling.gif

Originally Posted by Danno
Good, should be 50%.
Especially after the Chinese backed out of months of negotiations on Friday.

I'm all for it considering what they have been doing us lately on Canola because they aren't happy about us detaining the Huawei lady at the request of your country. Meanwhile our hands are tied in the matter given that we are an ally of the U.S. so I'm not sure what they were expecting to happen.
21.gif

Last edited:
Good, should be 50%.

I'm sure they too have a copy of "The Art of the Deal" somewhere to consult...

Regardless your political leanings, tariffs seem to put 5-10 jobs in jeopardy for every job "protected" and the tariffs are paid by consumers, not producers.

This is an economic, not a political view.

gman and kschachn feel free to use the "Report" button if you truly feel that way.
smirk2.gif

It's just news... I wasn't political at any point. Some of you here are such babies. Grow up, really.

Like throwing a steak into a tiger cage.

Did I respond to it? Were there others posting similar? No, just stop.

Originally Posted by javacontour
Good, should be 50%.

Regardless your political leanings, tariffs seem to put 5-10 jobs in jeopardy for every job "protected" and the tariffs are paid by consumers, not producers.

Just so you know where I stand... I'm not for Tariffs regularly because they don't work in a global economy however as temporary measures for retaliating when they are being unfair in other areas against what they agreed to in the past I'm all for it.

What's sad is this is going to make life more expensive the common working person in the US and it only serves to hurt both economies which is why I posted the article in the first place despite what KS thinks.

Last edited:
It was just amusing after you admonished the poster in that other thread.

I turned the corner and here you were.

I explained why I said what I did in the other thread... He mentioned a political figure. I did not here. There is a difference you fail to want to grasp.

Now that's quite enough. Done with you on this. Feel free to use the "Notify" button if you still think I'm wrong. Have a good day.

Last edited:
It isn't necessarily where you went, it is where the thread is inevitably destined to go.

Threads are not often locked or deleted based on the first post alone.

Good, should be 50%.

I'm all for it considering what they have been doing us lately on Canola because they aren't happy about us detaining the Huawei lady at the request of your country. Meanwhile our hands are tied in the matter given that we are an ally of the U.S. so I'm not sure what they were expecting to happen.
21.gif

I'm Canadian, eh?
You know, northern Ontario, anywhere north of Barrie.....

Originally Posted by javacontour

Real life experience would refute your economic theory.
US is knocking it out of the park on employment growth and historic low unemployment levels.
Inflation seems to be in control and you have decent wage growth.
That can only happen if productivity grows at a good rate.

I can only look with envy from Canada, at the US economic performance.

Good, should be 50%.

21.gif

I'm Canadian, eh?
You know, northern Ontario, anywhere north of Barrie.....

Sorry must have looked at the wrong post when I looked at the country. My bad.

Kudos, if it forces them back to the Table, we have nothing to loose since we run the huge defecit, people need to understand that is why all the wealth has been sucked out of this country, if you dont make things you buy them and trade has to be Fair and equal. Cant run huge trade defecits for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back