The Trans-America Trail

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Are you familiar with it? If not, you might want to take a look:

https://www.transamtrail.com/

YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE

The TransAmerica Trail is the cross-country adventure ride of a lifetime with mostly off-pavement travel. From scenic vistas and unique attractions to rough terrain and challenging conditions, the TAT presents every rider with the opportunity for an unforgettable journey and memories that will last a lifetime.

Depending on the weather and location, riders may face challenges including mud, sand, snow, and rocks among others. As the trail is made up of dirt, gravel, forest, farm, and brief sections of paved roads, The TAT may be traversed using either a dual-sport motorcycle or a 4×4 vehicle.

Do you yearn for adventure and exploration? Do you love meeting people, making memories, and experiencing new things? Are you an experienced rider with a love for both motorcycles and challenges? Begin your journey today with the official TAT maps, roll-charts, or GPS tracks available in a bundle or individually in the online store.

Are you familiar with it? If not, you might want to take a look:

https://www.transamtrail.com/

YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE

The TransAmerica Trail is the cross-country adventure ride of a lifetime with mostly off-pavement travel. From scenic vistas and unique attractions to rough terrain and challenging conditions, the TAT presents every rider with the opportunity for an unforgettable journey and memories that will last a lifetime.

Depending on the weather and location, riders may face challenges including mud, sand, snow, and rocks among others. As the trail is made up of dirt, gravel, forest, farm, and brief sections of paved roads, The TAT may be traversed using either a dual-sport motorcycle or a 4×4 vehicle.

Do you yearn for adventure and exploration? Do you love meeting people, making memories, and experiencing new things? Are you an experienced rider with a love for both motorcycles and challenges? Begin your journey today with the official TAT maps, roll-charts, or GPS tracks available in a bundle or individually in the online store.

It comes right through Arkansas, but I’ve never been on it,..that I’m aware of. I’ve seen plenty of videos about it though. I may need to add it to the bucket list. 🤔😉

This looks really cool. I wonder if there's a limit to the type or size of 4x4s allowed. I'm not a motorcycle guy. It would be a good time.

Back when I had my softroader CR-V (AWD & 5-Speed) - I really wanted to do the TAT on it. The seats inside fold into a bed for camping, and AWD was quite capable for how simple it is. A small lift and a set of all-terrains would likely get me through TAT without much issues.
But now CR-V is gone. I still want to do TAT. Likely on some dualsport. Also I have the maps with waypoints and such. So if you don't wish to pay $60-$100 for maps - let me know and I'll send it over.

But on the other hand - there is an annual coast-to-coast event called Scooter Cannonball, and for that I can go with the scooters I already have. Also quite an adventure of a lifetime.

The TAT does look fun. Certainly not for the faint of heart. I watched a pretty good series of videos last year about some guys doing it on Honda CT125s (think glorified scooters with 125cc motors). Here is the three minute summary of their adventure.

Back