Harley Scores a Home Run with the Pan America

I test rode the base version for 2 days, unfortunately I had to drop it off early (scheduled for a week) due to check engine light

It's a great bike, I wasn't expecting to see a Harley can perform this well. The engine is up to modern standards, revs around 9k rpm. It feels more like an European v-twin (sound, torque curve etc). I think I'd compare this with Ducati Multistrada. Infotainment system is very good, I think it's the first bike that has a diagnostic system that rider can see CEL code and clear without any tool.

I didn't like few things

1) Indicator button does not have tactile feeling at all, if you don't push well enough (to cancel) you'll end up signaling the other way and it's quite annoying
2) TFT Screen auto brightness is extremely sensitive as it gets really bright and dimmed back and forth every time you pass under a light pole at night.
3) Low beams weren't working properly, that's why it popped CEL. DRLs are so good I thought they are actually low beams, but later figured that low beams don't work at all. It wasn't safe to ride it this way that's why dropped it off early.

For the price, it's hard to beat the new Pan America, there are few rough edges they need to figure out, other than that I think they did a great job.

Last but not least - Suzuki V-Strom is underpowered and boring compared to other v-twins with 17/19" wheel combination. It's not in the same league with Multistrada or Pan America.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-04 at 20.22.22.jpeg

Last edited:
Back