The main thing I have learned on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing I have learned on BITOG...

How little I actually know about oil/filters/lubes in general...

steved

Winston,

I have two vehicles in that range. A 1985 Porsche 911 at 176K and 1997 Chevy Tahoe at 138K both raised on dino.

Tahoe was 3K OCI from day one, now consumes zero oil in 3K miles, 2/3qt in 6K when on three runs of Syntec (FRAM filters, 5qt capacity 5-10W30).

Quote:

vavoline is one of the worst oils I have ever see so its no wonder why their web site doesn't talk good about the synth oils. bob

coming from you, that's bad news for me as I'm getting ready to change to MaxLife 5W-30 in my galant....

I changed to Synlube today. The oil I drained was 10/40 dino. I have also been using RP5/30 for 10000 miles(one OC).

Quote:

Winston, if you have said such a thing about 3K OCI, just 2 or 3 years ago, you would have been forced to move to Alaska or maybe Iran, to get away from the 3K fanatics. But don't feel to safe, they are still out there. Luckily, most of them have their heads in the sand, so they are having difficulties deciding what is up and what is down.

All the 5K service intervals and analysis around here with high quality synths are just as bad as the 3K fanatics. Maybe even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back