The lack of available public restrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
My situation is worse than yours. I have IBD. When I am in active flare, its miserable, to put it mildly. I simply can not stay away from the restroom. I usually use the apps for restroom locators.

Supermarkets, McDonalds and Walmart are my go to places. I always buy something in return.
I don't feel obligated to buy anything. Sometimes I go to Walmart and don't use the facilities. I feel like I've banked a bathroom use for the future.
It's like a carbon footprint credit. You can use some of my credits.

Everywhere I go, I am not far away from a building housing doctor or dental offices. Never been challenged when using one. Don't make repeat trips to the same one.

years ago when I drove a box truck , we had a 3/4 hole drilled in the floor of the box and with a pass thru door from the cab it was no problem , had a funnel stuck in the hole and while my helper drove I used the "rest room"

I usually carry a large can that I get when buying nuts. The problem is worst for women, I order a portable toilet for her in case we need to make a trip. The other options is the bucket w/ a niece seat and plastic bags.

No rest stops in your area? When going down I95 there is usually one every 30-50 miles.
Ours are locked and barricaded usually,

lots of “public” places with no facilities which just means the town is signing off on people dropping loads behind trees

Must be OK with it or they would keep a bathroom open.

Same thing with dumpsters, they were all removed then go ape about trash laying around

Not hard to figure out.

This is SF. Peeing in the public is not going to get you arrested. Just, don't show your thing intentionally to a lady and you will be fine.

The thing about locking up public restroom is likely due to COVID protection of the employee, or the cost of cleaning if they open it up (likely every 15-30 mins). Some were glad to just use this as an excuse to lock it up to avoid homeless or graffiti kids borrowing the restroom.

Recently I think rural area Starbucks seems to be the only place to open restrooms to public due to risk of political fallout (what if employees say no to someone and trigger a discrimination lawsuit), they also make enough profit to keep it clean all the time anyways.

Probably has to do with all the homeless in the Bay Area wrecking bathrooms and using them to shoot heroin. I peed in a cup after my daughter’s soccer game the other day in the back of my wife’s Yukon. No public restroom or portapotty and it was at a school so didn’t want to risk peeing in the bushes and ending up on some list somewhere.

Edit-my bladder capacity is strong as I almost filled a 32 oz fountain drink cup to the brim!
This. Stolen toilet paper, people taking hand baths. My nephew lives in SF and says some lock themselves in for naps and the like.

My go to in Texas is the QT or Buc-ees, always clean restrooms.

Or just walk into a coffee place and get a coffee to use their restroom.
The Beaver rocks

75595782-8435-41B1-8CB5-3E040B549C4D.jpeg

Lately, because our departures are in the morning after I've had coffee, and it's a 175 mile one way drive,

Passing on the morning coffee will give you more bladder range and decrease the chance of an indecent exposure arrest. < On second thought never mind, it's Ca. But if I remember your vocation correctly you probably have a get out of jail free card? ;)

I forgo coffee before long range driving or flying.

It's been a while since I've gone on a long drive, but in years past I could drink coffee without issue. My drive would start off with the largest coffee I could have, which I would sip for the duration of the drive. It was the moment that I started having any amount of water that the kidneys would finally come to life, and I had better be no more than 30 minutes from a stop.

I have been making runs up through LA from San Diego for work. I have never peed along the side of the road as I have this past year.

This is SF. Peeing in the public is not going to get you arrested. Just, don't show your thing intentionally to a lady and you will be fine.
Some people seem to like peeing in public. Just had a guy walk up to a light pole while I was parked at Target. Looked like he was getting ready to pee so I started up the car and then he walked off a few more car rows and then did his thing. Didn't even look around which is probably why he didn't see me in the car. I think the bathroom at Target was open too plus it was a strip mall and there's a bunch of other stores around.

As long as there is a tree or sound barrier somewhere, there's never a shortage for me. Truckers always carry a few empty two liter pop bottles for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back