The Green bottle strikes back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Wal-Mart and I was looking around. Had read a thread about QSGB earlier today and was gonna look at some and check the price. Low and behold, in the very back of the shelf, there was three 5 quart jugs of Valvoline Nextgen Maxlife in 5W-30, and they were marked back to $11 per jug. Didn't take but 2 seconds to put all three in the buggy. No it isn't the green bottle, but it is light green anyway. Isn't Maxlife nextgen a synthetic blend? I don't think I did too bad.

Good price if you're going to buy it outright, if you chase rebates it's been consistently free. Regular retail on Maxlife at WM is just under $18 here and much more at auto parts stores.

Very good oil, as is QSGB, but yes the Maxlife is indeed a syn blend with a strong add pack. I'll be picking up my 4th or 5th FAR deal on Nextgen in the next few days, I'm losing track now LOL!

Check your local advance auto parts for a free after rebate deal that is going on right now. You can apply for the rebate on their website. Good luck.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Zeus103363
Would this purchase qualify for the FAR deal?

I don't think so as far as I know all the FAR deals are through specific retailers, auto chains that I've seen. You could check the Valvoline site though and see if there's a generic rebate on it.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Good price if you're going to buy it outright, if you chase rebates it's been consistently free. Regular retail on Maxlife at WM is just under $18 here and much more at auto parts stores.

Very good oil, as is QSGB, but yes the Maxlife is indeed a syn blend with a strong add pack. I'll be picking up my 4th or 5th FAR deal on Nextgen in the next few days, I'm losing track now LOL!

You're single-handedly going to drive NextGen off the market getting all of those FAR deals.
smile.gif
Valvoline's probably wondering why they can't make any money on NextGen.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

You're single-handedly going to drive NextGen off the market getting all of those FAR deals.
smile.gif
Valvoline's probably wondering why they can't make any money on NextGen.

Ha ha I refuse to cheat but with O'Reilly, AAP and AZ all making different FAR offers on NextGen I can't help but take advantage of the deals.

My Prius has been doing fantastic on the Next Gen Max Life.

It rocks, plain and simple. Can't say enough about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back