The furthest you’ve driven, straight on through

When I was on vacation in 1995, the family was asleep in the back of my camper van so I drove straight thru from Denver to St.Louis. They were all surprised when they woke up in the morning. Had a 36 gallon tank in that Dodge.

Indianapolis to Denver, straight through. Arrived at 11am after driving all night. 1100 miles in my old manual trans CTS-V. I think my average speed was 89 and I had 1/4" of bugs stuck on the front.

Longest nonstop with a passenger is Philadelphia to Denver.

Also did a coast to coast drive with a friend in 2 days.

At this point, road trips have lost their appeal.

I’ve always wanted to someday do an east coast to west coast trip. Is the ride at least somewhat enjoyable?

I did the southern route from Philadelphia to Los Angeles. Is it enjoyable? Not really. You would need alot of time and planning to make it fun. The worst part is getting there and realizing you have to drive back. This wasn't the case for me, I went with a friend who was moving. I flew back after spending a month in California.

Ottawa, Ontario to Daytona. Did the entire drive myself. Turned out the other guy that was supposed to share the driving could not drive a manual. Only stops for fuel. About a 24 hour drive. Do not recommend. Have also done the same drive several times when I was working for a Grand Am race team, but we split the driving between 4 drivers. This was while towing a 40 foot race car hauler.

Last edited:
Back