The Fram TG now has a nitrile ADBV?

I don’t think you understand what I’m saying.
not hard to do a Google search on a topic.

Enjoy this LONG thread -

not hard to do a Google search on a topic.

Enjoy this LONG thread -

I know the EG was changed.

The filter in my OP is the Tough Guard.

Strawman, not topic Fram black adbvs. 'To this point', specifically the "Toyota Thai Denso" remains the singular outlier of black adbvs proven made of silicone. Fyi, that statement would include the China made "DENSO" First Time Fit oil filters with black adbv, proven nitrile. So only one Denso type (Toyota) black adbv is silicone.

Perhaps but things do change. Nitrile can change too. There are different kinds of nitrile rubber.

A lot of hoo haw over this subject.

...A lot of hoo haw over this subject.
Hoo haw? I simply pointed out the facts as currently known on this subforum about the topic Fram EG/TG black proven nitrile adbvs to answer the OPs query. Then, since specifically broached the unrelated Denso black adbvs being silicone or not. I think I did that. If that's hoo haw, so be it.

As for things changing, I left open the slight possibility that the topic Fram black adbv now being other than the previously proven nitrile by saying that speculation, highly unlikely.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
These threads are beautiful. View attachment 105196

That looks like a nickel plated sissy threads to me lol

20220624_140122.jpg

That looks like a nickel plated sissy threads to me lol
This doesn't even make sense.
Those threads look great.
And if they were nickel plated that would be an upgrade, here's why.
You have done an excellent job of a self own.

And to use the term 'sissy' when referring to threads just reinforces the self own. No reasonable technical justification, just name calling.
And if you were 'just kidding' it makes it worse.

Congratulations.

This doesn't even make sense.
Those threads look great.
And if they were nickel plated that would be an upgrade, here's why.
You have done an excellent job of a self own.

And to use the term 'sissy' when referring to threads just reinforces the self own. No reasonable technical justification, just name calling.
And if you were 'just kidding' it makes it worse.

Congratulations.

Please watch 3000 Miles To Graceland and tell me my reference.
*it is also The Fugitive.

Now, as to your technicality.. Isn't nickel a more soft metal? Would that not be ill-suited for thread on a spin-on filter, how does that work?

How do you know without sending it to a test lab? 😄 ;)

That's an excellent point. My guess would be.. the Orange is supposed to be silicone and the black nitrile.

I do wonder, if your filter sits up and down (vertical, bottom end facing the ground not upside down) does it make any difference whichever one it is?

I never had a problem with nitrile ADVB in oil filters. Not a single one.
My issue isn’t with nitrile per se as I was originally in the market for an Extra Guard.

I did however have an issue with paying nearly $8 for an orange can with a silver metallic paint job.

My issue isn’t with nitrile per se as I was originally in the market for an Extra Guard.

I did however have an issue with paying nearly $8 for an orange can with a silver metallic paint job.

Serious question, are they that similar. (The Orange can/EG and the Silver can, TG)

That's an excellent point. My guess would be.. the Orange is supposed to be silicone and the black nitrile.
It was kind of an inside joke, lol. There have been only 2 "black" ADBVs to be shown to be silicone. And one was kind of a greenish black color if seen in strong light.

The black ADBV on the Frams are nitrile.

EGs are suppose to have a silicone ADBV.

Back