The Dart is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I like it too.

Maybe they could also resurrect the Cordoba with it's "fine Corninthian leather".

Oh, please God, don't let that happen. :p

I don't know...a 2-door 300-based car with Cordoba badges and fine Corinthian leather might be a pretty sweet car...not sure how much of a market there would be for it anymore though!

I think a new Cordoba would be pretty cool.

My wife used to drive a Dart, hard to compare this car to that, but it is better than naming it an Omni or Horizon.

Originally Posted By: wings&wheels
looks promising, especially if they manage to retain the Alfa's feel through the up-sizing.

Be good to see Alfa back in the States at some point.

Its platform is Alfa, which means just dimesions for the car, it is designed by chrysler. so it isnt an alpha clone.
Go to allpar and read, a engineer over there will drill it thru your head that a platform is simply a set of dimensions that the designer must adhere to, anything goes as long as it maintains those dimensions. If it fits the dimensions, then it can be made on the equipment.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Yeah, the ages old refrain of 'I hate Chrysler' is getting a little old...

That was then, this is NOW! Wait till SRT division releases the Demon! It will be hot.

If the SRT division would come out with a version it should be called Dart Swinger not Demon. Demon was a different model and not a package for a Dart.

It looks good, BUT I wish they could have just left the car the way it was and just modified the grill and rear and put the Dodge badge on it. I wish it was a hatchback, there is NO denying that the Alfa Guilietta is one hard car to beat for looks and performance in that catagory.

Whenever I hear "widened and lengthened' it makes me think "dumbed down for US tastes.

I hope I'm, surprised.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Maybe the Duster will be next...Hard for me to think of a Dart without a Duster...

Duster!
grin.gif

The original dart was a really basic car, even in comparison to cars of its day. I believe there is a market for a capable American built car that fits that mold today. Big enough to fit 5, with a very basic but powerful engine and minimal luxury items. Much like a base model f150. But in car form. Not designed as an efficiency leader, or pretending to be something it's not. Simple, basic, robust, inexpensive. And an inline six!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back