Thanks for the deletion of valid posts mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate **** cannons. Am I a bigot for that?

(BITOG..... BIGOT..... Oh crap I found their secret!)

lol.gif

I haven't been around here as long as most of you, so I may not have a correct assessment of what prompted this thread or what in general is going on concerning deleted threads/posts, etc., but I thought I'd throw my two cents into the hat anyway.

I have been a member of many other forums and have made thousands of posts on them, and never had any threads locked, etc., due to any reasons whatsoever, so I don't think I would fall into the "problem" or "troublemaker" category. But since I have been here, I have noticed a couple of things that do strike me as a little unusual.

The first is that mods seem to sometimes "edit" posts, changing words or rewriting sentences to suit their desires. Sometimes this changes the actual meaning or intent of the original post. And the original poster is not informed when this happens. I can understand why a mod might do this, but I cannot understand why it would be done covertly, without notifying the OP of the change, so that they could delete the post if they felt that their statement was changed so drastically that its original meaning was lost or totally changed.

The second is that when threads are locked, there often is no mention of why. If a mod feels strongly enough to lock a thread, can they not at least provide their reason for doing so, so that we may learn how to avoid falling into similar circumstances in the future? I honestly have not been able to figure out why some threads were locked.

This is a great forum, and I am sure that being a mod here is a tough job, but it wouldn't be that hard to be a little more communicative and open, and might even make your job easier in the long run.

Cogito wrote: The first is that mods seem to sometimes "edit" posts, changing words or rewriting sentences to suit their desires.

Answer: No we don't change one word to suit us or rewrite a sentence to suit our desires. We eliminate cuss words or sexual innuendos period. If it makes the sentence choppy, sorry, then the original poster should not have used the words.

Cogito wrote: The second is that when threads are locked, there often is no mention of why.

Answer: Read the board rules. It does not take a brain surgeon to figure out why a thread is locked.

Cogito wrote:

This is a great forum, and I am sure that being a mod here is a tough job, but it wouldn't be that hard to be a little more communicative and open, and might even make your job easier in the long run.

Answer: Yes it probably would help if we were more communicative and open. However, I have reduced my time on the board each day. Doing admin matters, phone calls and answering approx. 45 emails a day I was spending over 10 hours a day on the board. I have reduced that to 6 hours a day now.

To Cogito: This topic is now closed. This topic has served its purpose. The originator got to air his complaint. He had been asked in the past to do this via PM which it is apparent he chose not to do. Any other problems or views from anyone, send me a PM.

patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back