TGMO 0W20 vs. M1 0W20 EP ?

Can I ask a few questions on this somewhat older thread? I presently run TGMO. TGMO 0w-20 has a Noack of 12.9, Does that point to the base oil being hydro cracked mineral oil or GTL? Also the VI is really high at 227, really high VII? Any comment on those numbers?

The M1 EP had 70% PAO. comments?

I have ordered PUP 0w-20. I know that is GTL. Any comments when comparing to these two oils above?

Can I ask a few questions on this somewhat older thread? I presently run TGMO. TGMO 0w-20 has a Noack of 12.9, Does that point to the base oil being hydro cracked mineral oil or GTL? Also the VI is really high at 227, really high VII? Any comment on those numbers?

The M1 EP had 70% PAO. comments?

I have ordered PUP 0w-20. I know that is GTL. Any comments when comparing to these two oils above?
As I replied to you in a previous thread, the last MSDS we have from Mobil shows it to be Group III (probably Yubase) not GTL. Regardless, it's a light base oil (hence the Noack) which is necessary to achieve that VI.

As I replied to you in a previous thread, the last MSDS we have from Mobil shows it to be Group III (probably Yubase) not GTL. Regardless, it's a light base oil (hence the Noack) which is necessary to achieve that VI.
Thanks… Until I read your comment I thought it was GTL and I appreciate your previous comment. I learn every day.

I come with some kind of past bias that a 0w-xx oil has to be a GTL or higher group base. Learned something. Had to look up Yubase.

Last edited:
Back