‘24 civic 2.0 NA motor 0w20 oil - Went from M1 AFE to EP…. Mpg went down?

It’s getting warmer, have you been using your AC more lately? That’ll take a little bite out of fuel economy (not much but something).

Plus your car is basically new, it only has 8.000 miles on it…honestly, you just don’t really “know” that car just yet. At 8,000 miles it’s still going to be going through some little changes. Maybe the rings are still breaking in a bit or who knows what minor things are settling in as your driving habits affect that thing. It’s very early in that engine’s life.

Check the basic stuff, is the tire pressure correct? carrying extra stuff in the trunk? Wheel alignment? Gas quality?
Same fuel everyday , every week. Alignment is good and I’ll check pressure as that may be possible.

I know your guys are rolling your eyes at me but it’s real lol. I’m trying like hell to get there but I can’t get that 41.5mpg. I’m at like 39-40.5. It’s whatever lol

Same fuel everyday , every week. Alignment is good and I’ll check pressure as that may be possible.

I know your guys are rolling your eyes at me but it’s real lol. I’m trying like hell to get there but I can’t get that 41.5mpg. I’m at like 39-40.5. It’s whatever lol
But it’s not the same fuel, everyday, every week.

Every truck that stops at your station is going to have variation. Every time you fill up you mix the unknown energy quantity in your tank already with another unknown energy quantity from their tanks.

Every day air temperatures, barometric pressures, wind speeds and directions and about 100 other uncontrollable variables are different. Stop hurting your head; even the EPA doesn’t try as hard as this to find mileage differences. You’re making much ado about nothing. It’s noise.

The 2022 Civic 2.0 in my signature which is my daughter's car, gets between 37 to 40 miles per gallon in around town and combined driving. She has never really gotten much over 40 MPG even on the highway. Which is still very good and all its EPA'd for. I think she hit 44 MPG on a perfect Highway Drive.

Back