TGMO 0W20 vs. M1 0W20 EP ?

The formulations of the common oils do change pretty often without and change to labeling or indication. Are you really afraid of the latest and greatest?
Not afraid, but prefer well established brands and product line that is not new to market. I realize that the same product line is getting changes behind the scenes, I hopeful that changes would be good based on history/reputation

Not afraid, but prefer well established brands and product line that is not new to market. I realize that the same product line is getting changes behind the scenes, I hopeful that changes would be good based on history/reputation
Then dont live in fear.

Or better by the licenses, certifications and approvals the oil holds or does not hold.

The M1 EP product is part of their flagship line and uses a significantly more expensive base oil. It has a lower VI, because it primarily relies on the base oils and has a much lower VII dose, versus using an extremely light base oil and more polymer (TGMO).

Intresting, Id be more cautious to use a new thing vs something thats been around and has good reputation
true but its Valvoline so at least its somewhat reputable and supposedly the successor of advanced synthetic which is older while costing the same yet both are still available.

Thanks for the replies - the Corolla is gently driven (daughter) and mostly does a nice 30 minute 40 MPH suburban drive to and from work each day. I may try the TGMO 0W20 one day but with roll backs , rebates , etc. on M1 0W20 EP , Pennzoil or Valvoline I would not be using a lesser oil for this Toyota 1.8L engine . Since no H'way driving , I'll probably go with a 7,500 mile / 6 month OCI with one of the above oils and a good oil filter . Daughter plans on driving the new 2020 Corolla 1.8L PFI until the wheels fall off so that's the oil regiment plan !

tgmo uses comical amounts of moly in attempt to squeeze out fuel economy

noack is likely rock bottom
The level of moly they were using was appropriate for the type of moly - dimer.
And people specifically sought it out for the level of moly. It performed well by all accounts.

This refers to SN version. Like I stated I'm not sure if they have since changed with API SP.
But, either way M1 EP is excellent and readily available, really a no-brainer.

A couple thoughts.

High moly used to get you a fail in one ofr both TEOST. What has changed?

Back when care and feeding my Yaris 3 door, I found the TSB on TGMO. Back then it was
ANY oil meeting the current ILSAC Cert in the appropriate grade.
No matter, still couldn't keep that VVti working right. What a feeling.

Attached is a TSB describing TGMO; For your reading pleasure :

Attachments

• toyoTSB_ego18-06_ISLAC GF4_2006.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 108
We were talking about new product from valvoline

I don’t know if you are responding to me or not but you should quote people when doing so.

The oil companies are constantly reformulating their products. This has been mentioned already but you seem to be ignoring those comments.

Back