TGMO 0W20 vs. M1 0W20 EP ?

I'm not sophisticated. Just a redneck with a paycheck.

There may not be any advantage to running a new lubricant, but I don't think he needs to proceed with caution. Apparently, he's never tried M1 in the Corolla either. What should he be concerned about if trying a new oil?

Intresting, Id be more cautious to use a new thing vs something thats been around and has good reputation

In the end it doesn't make a difference, but I simply asked why you would be cautious in trying a new Valvoline product.
It has nothing do with any advantage.

Does the pao have a higher "film" strength that the regular M1 oil?
Don't know.

But if you subscribe to the theory that more PAO is automatically better, then M1 EP could be an upgrade for this application.

In the end it doesn't make a difference, but I simply asked why you would be cautious in trying a new Valvoline product.
It has nothing do with any advantage.
For me personally, I like products thats been around for a long time and used by a lot of people with good results. But thats just me, I misspoke about caution, its more of a preference.

For me personally, I like products thats been around for a long time and used by a lot of people with good results. But thats just me, I misspoke about caution, its more of a preference.
All products change formulation on a regular basis and sometimes quite significantly. And not just because of an API license change either, sometime it is invisible to the typical consumer. No product has really been “around for a long time”.

In all seriousness, we're going to try the Supertech Advanced 0W20 20K mile oil in my daughters Chryco 200 this Fall.

She lives down in CT and after the holidays I won't see her for a couple of months at least. I don't think we're going to run it to 20K, but 10K is likely possible. My wife is meeting her tonight to discuss the wedding plans and I'm more worried about that than oil!
Definitely mentioning a spending cap. LOL!

All products change formulation on a regular basis and sometimes quite significantly. And not just because of an API license change either, sometime it is invisible to the typical consumer. No product has really been “around for a long time”.

Supertech is the first lubricant that comes to mind!

Intresting, Id be more cautious to use a new thing vs something thats been around and has good reputation

The formulations of the common oils do change pretty often without and change to labeling or indication. Are you really afraid of the latest and greatest?

Back