Tesla Drops USA Prices up to 20%

It happens in the stock market every day. The difference is it won't matter, even to those who bought cheaper. Because they'll all depreciate to nothing in time.
I wouldn't say it doesn't matter. Opportunity cost, loan amount vs gap insurance, etc still matters.

Problem is you can't return a car after you bought it, and if you can wait it is probably easier to cancel order before delivery if there's a rumor they are about to drop price (by checking the trend in used car price drop amount).

Are those who recently took delivery of their Tesla at the higher price getting a refund? If not then these constant price cuts have to be an irritation for those who bought high.
No. Why should I expect something like that? I agreed to the price when I bought the car. If anything the lower price makes me think about buying a second one. I know what I'm getting and I already liked the car for the price I paid for it.

Ugh... I just posted in the Tesla Stock price thing and then saw this thread.
Tesla losing (no longer qualify) half the $7,500 rebate starting 1/2024 on Model 3 all wheel drive and RWD.
Maybe it's been posted already? I dont know

Ugh... I just posted in the Tesla Stock price thing and then saw this thread.
Tesla losing (no longer qualify) half the $7,500 rebate starting 1/2024 on Model 3 all wheel drive and RWD.
Maybe it's been posted already? I dont know
Dunno if it's been posted, but anyone in the Tesla market knows this. Aside from the income tax credit, Tesla needs to clear out all the current Model 3s for the Highland. I expect the Highland to be available after Q1; just a SWAG. I'm a likely buyer, but will have to cut loose one of my cars. I ain't got no room. Sheesh.

I talked to someone who works in the Fremont plant while checking out the Cybertruck. Fremont makes all the Model 3s for the US.

Dunno if it's been posted, but anyone in the Tesla market knows this. Aside from the income tax credit, Tesla needs to clear out all the current Model 3s for the Highland. I expect the Highland to be available after Q1; just a SWAG. I'm a likely buyer, but will have to cut loose one of my cars. I ain't got no room. Sheesh.

I talked to someone who works in the Fremont plant while checking out the Cybertruck. Fremont makes all the Model 3s for the US.
I dont understand your reply to me :unsure: I guess its that west coast accent *LOL*
I'll do a search on "just a swag" too! Ok got it!

"Scientific wild-ass guess (SWAG) is an American English slang term meaning a rough estimate made by an expert in the field, based on experience and intuition. It is similar to the slang word guesstimate, a portmanteau of guess and estimate"

Certainly not in the next few years.
Many of the new models are being delayed.

The reality is that demand for new, especially expensive cars has fallen off a cliff and the remaining demand is from folks who can’t get a loan.

The demand problem isn’t specifically EV.
Though the people who normally buy 6 figure EVs are facing continued massive layoffs.
News, media, graphic design, coding, IT, “tech”

That is why vehicles like the Ford Maverick are selling better than Ford would want.

Dunno if it's been posted, but anyone in the Tesla market knows this. Aside from the income tax credit, Tesla needs to clear out all the current Model 3s for the Highland. I expect the Highland to be available after Q1; just a SWAG. I'm a likely buyer, but will have to cut loose one of my cars. I ain't got no room.

Worth noting TESLA is moving to Cobalt free batteries (not flammable) these are less expensive to produce but also align to the reduced credit.

BOLT 2.0 supposedly will also have unflammable Lifepo4 batteries.

Last edited:
Back