Tesla Cyber Truck spotted in S. Kansas City

Saw my first one in person while sitting in downtown Houston traffic last week. I had only seen them in pictures prior to this and I can say they are as over the top ridiculous looking in real life as they are in the pictures you see on the internet. I'm not a Tesla hater nor fanboy, though I've driven a few that my friend has had and I can certainly see why people like them, they certainly impressed me. But this truck thing whatever it is or is supposed to be......is definitely a head scratcher.

I have not seen one yet, but as Teslas are extremely common around here I suppose I will get a chance very soon.
They will sell every one they can make. Enough people either like the way they look, or will like the attention that they bring. They don't care who thinks they are ugly and if Tesla's designers did they could have redesigned it very early in the development stage.

We'll know soon enough if there is a rust issue. I suspect not. They were tested under all kind of conditions and not rushed to market like the infamous Chevy Vegas that arrived on showroom floors already rusting. But a few haters will have fun propagating the story without any first hand knowledge.

Perhaps BITOG's administrators can add a sub forum under the Electric Vehicles section specifically for Tesla Bashing just so some well known members can get their post counts up and show us how clever they are while adding nothing of value to the Forum.

Tesla has a 2 to 1 launch rate. Two big launches, and then one experimental vehicle.

For every Roadster and Model S, there was a Model X.

For every Model X and Model 3, there is now the Cybertruck.

They are going to launch the model 2. In the next year or two and then an SUV based on it maybe a year afterwards.

After that? They may try to commercialize the 18-wheeler, but I'm thinking they may buy up Rivian and focus on their line-up.

I think the Cybertruck and Model X are going to be one generation wonders.

looks like the same designer as the new starlink dish. flip it over and add wheels

1708096767460.jpg

Just hideous. And a lousy product at a premium price to boot.

No one can shill like the guys from Haggerty can. They would have you believe that the Cybertruck is the best thing since sliced bread and the four stroke ICE engine.

The video review bellow had me convinced. Lucky for me, I'm way too poor to afford one:

Like many things in Elon's mind, it probably started out as a joke.

I had one pull into the parking space next to mine at the market recently. Founder's/Foundation whatever version.

Without getting into like or dislike, which is subjective, what it reminded me of is a movie prop.

Anyone who has seen a movie prop in real life and up close knows that it is only made well enough to look good on camera, or at a distance. Up close, it betrays its limitations and true purpose.

That's the impression I got. It's literally a concept car that someone had the crazy idea to put into production, with little effort toward addressing the practical things and development that go into making finished products in volume and suitable for day-to-day usage.

Rivian truck is so nice looking and fresh. Ford and Tesla dropped the ball on looks.
To each their own. I agree with you on Tesla. I'd rather drive an Aztec than the Cybertruck. IMO, The Lightning looks way better than Rivian. Rivian looks OK from the side and back view. Then you see the front -- with a face that only a mother could love.

I also think the Mach E looks better than any Tesla.

Well, as it turns out, the Cybertruck will rust if you leave it out in the rain:

480x0.jpg

Good thing Tesla now offers a Vinyl Wrapping Service when you order your stainless steel Cybertruck.

Back