Techron in VERY concentrated form??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall a product...but I can't seem to find the exact same thing as I believe I remember. There was a Techron fuel system cleaner in a 32 oz bottle, but it really seems like it only took a few ounces for an entire gas tank...the bottles I find now in 32 oz say add 1 oz per gallon, so it takes almost the entire bottle for my fuel tank, and I just don't recall that, I could be wrong though. It is slightly possible I am thinking about another product, like Lucas that was more concentrated, but I haven't used anything but techron in several years. So I'd just like to confirm if such a product existed/if it still exists, or if I am recalling from a long time ago some other product that I tried. Am I crazy??

Commercial stuff exists, but you can't get it in a store. It was for hand additizing tanker trucks if there was an additive injector failure. It would require 1 Qt/ 5000 gallons. It's essentially the same stuff as in the additive tanks at terminals. Terminal tanks are delivered in bulk, but this stuff was in quart containers.

I seem to recall a product...but I can't seem to find the exact same thing as I believe I remember. There was a Techron fuel system cleaner in a 32 oz bottle, but it really seems like it only took a few ounces for an entire gas tank...the bottles I find now in 32 oz say add 1 oz per gallon, so it takes almost the entire bottle for my fuel tank, and I just don't recall that, I could be wrong though. It is slightly possible I am thinking about another product, like Lucas that was more concentrated, but I haven't used anything but techron in several years. So I'd just like to confirm if such a product existed/if it still exists, or if I am recalling from a long time ago some other product that I tried. Am I crazy??
I do remember that product, 32oz bottle said it was good for 100-150 gallons of fuel, can't remember for sure but 128 gallons sounds right in my head. It was around when I used to work at Autozone, so 2014-2015. Haven't seen it since I moved to greener pastures, but it was readily available at that time.

Techron Concentrate Plus? I know there were at least two variants at one time and one was recommended over the other, I just can't remember which.

I do remember that product, 32oz bottle said it was good for 100-150 gallons of fuel, can't remember for sure but 128 gallons sounds right in my head. It was around when I used to work at Autozone, so 2014-2015. Haven't seen it since I moved to greener pastures, but it was readily available at that time.
Yes, yes...cuz Autozone was the only place I could get it...and that's when I was using it a lot...like 2012-2015.

Cool, Techron Marine has 25-50%PEA per the MSDS, 1oz. per 10 gal treat rate. 0.045oz PEA/gal treat rate.
Techron Complete does not list PEA, but lists proprietary 25-35%, and 1oz/gal treat rate. 0.3oz PEA/gal????
Regane = 10-30%PEA, 6 oz per 21 gal (1oz/3.5gal) 0.08oz PEA/gal
Redline = 25-30%PEA, 1oz per 3-6gal. similar to Regane PEA/gal

So, Techron Marine takes the cake as most concentrated. My guess its ~45%PEA.
But recommends a lower treat rate than everything else...maybe in line with Redline at the lower recommendation.
The rest are probably similar (25-30%), Regane has been discussed and the wide range is due to different products under same MSDS.
The 6oz bottle is likely 25-30%. The rest they play games with concentration/volume/treat rate.

Oddly techron complete recommends the highest treat rate by far. But don't outright list PEA anymore.
I personally concluded Regane was the product for me. Full bottle to my tank, don't got to worry about dosing half or quarter bottle or 2oz per tank.
I could see using the Techron Marine in my boat.

Not sure what some are smoking but it must be good stuff 😉.

The 32oz bottle is the same formula and treat rate of 1oz per 1gal of gas. The 32oz bottle MAY have at one point also suggested a lower treat rate amount since it was marketed heavily towards OPE users and ATV/UTV owners. It’s very easy to over treat small tanks...

The 32oz Techron bottle came to market around 2013 I believe, give or take a year or two. Then around 2016 or 2017 Techron came out with their specific OPE, Marine, and other varieties. This is when I believe Chevron removed alternative treat rates on the 32oz bottle.

The Techron additive in Chevron pump gas is a different chemistry and is more concentrated formula. Never seen that available anywhere, for good reason.

Last edited:
The Techron additive in Chevron pump gas is a different chemistry and is more concentrated formula. Never seen that available anywhere, for good reason.

Someone posted the treat rate here, although I can't find it. It literally said something like one bottle for 0 to 1000 gallons. I'm wondering what it would do it treating something like 100 gallons.

The bottles say they treat "up to 32 gallons" so they consider 3% concentration sufficient. They also have to realize that automobile fuel tanks are as small as 12 (??) gallons (8%) and they don't caution users to use less (on the bottle's instructions). In the (used) Civic we just bought, I dumped a whole bottle in it and the tank was close to 1/2. I have a 2nd bottle that I might dump in too.

The bottles say they treat "up to 32 gallons" so they consider 3% concentration sufficient. They also have to realize that automobile fuel tanks are as small as 12 (??) gallons (8%) and they don't caution users to use less (on the bottle's instructions). In the (used) Civic we just bought, I dumped a whole bottle in it and the tank was close to 1/2. I have a 2nd bottle that I might dump in too.

I had a 1995 Integra GS-R with a 13.3 gallon tank. When I felt it was a good idea to use it, I just bought the 12 bottle and called it a day.

OK I have the bottle in my hand Techron Protection Plus Marine Fuel system Treatment Directions State Pour one once for 10 gallons of gasoline (30ml per 38L) yea its made by Chevron, all this talk look it up on the Chevron site The 10oz bottle treats 100 gallons enough said If someone needs it the UPC # 23968 37497 6

Not sure what some are smoking but it must be good stuff 😉.

The 32oz bottle is the same formula and treat rate of 1oz per 1gal of gas. The 32oz bottle MAY have at one point also suggested a lower treat rate amount since it was marketed heavily towards OPE users and ATV/UTV owners. It’s very easy to over treat small tanks...

The 32oz Techron bottle came to market around 2013 I believe, give or take a year or two. Then around 2016 or 2017 Techron came out with their specific OPE, Marine, and other varieties. This is when I believe Chevron removed alternative treat rates on the 32oz bottle.

Wow thats not very nice and your wrong, this is the internet get a picture of the label in about 1/2 a second.

@HemiMoparGuy1981

You asked the same question over 5 years ago too. I don’t think anyone has ever heard of or seen a 32oz Techron bottle that treats 100gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back