Techron in VERY concentrated form??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see here its 2 different things.. one is a treatment for EVERY fillup.

and one is a concentrated cleaning.

IIRC at one time they said the amount of PEA (20oz container in 20gal) was aprox 10x the dose that you would find in normal fuel.

So I guess you could just use more(than the 1oz/10gal) techron marine for the "cleaning power" of the techron concentrate.

The techron marine also has a fuel stabilizer in it, I'm not sure how great of an idea it is to add 10x more stabilizer than recommended to fuel, I've dumped ~3oz of remaining techron marine in the 22gallon tank in my Trailblazer with no ill affects since it was open and discolored sitting in sunlight I decided to get rid of it that way.

The techron marine also has a fuel stabilizer in it, I'm not sure how great of an idea it is to add 10x more stabilizer than recommended to fuel, I've dumped ~3oz of remaining techron marine in the 22gallon tank in my Trailblazer with no ill affects since it was open and discolored sitting in sunlight I decided to get rid of it that way.
if you wanted a maintence dose.
seems like aprox 1.5oz/10gal of the techron complete would be a similar pea treat rate to the techron marine?

I am also unsure of using 7oz/10gal of the techron marine for a "cleanup dose"

if you wanted a maintence dose.
seems like aprox 1.5oz/10gal of the techron complete would be a similar pea treat rate to the techron marine?

I am also unsure of using 7oz/10gal of the techron marine for a "cleanup dose"
As far as I can tell they should be about the same, you're supposed to use 1oz of techron marine to 10 gallons of fuel to add a similar level of detergent found in Chevron pump gas with Techron but it also contains a stabilizer in addition to the normal techron concentrate.

I seem to recall a product...but I can't seem to find the exact same thing as I believe I remember. There was a Techron fuel system cleaner in a 32 oz bottle, but it really seems like it only took a few ounces for an entire gas tank...the bottles I find now in 32 oz say add 1 oz per gallon, so it takes almost the entire bottle for my fuel tank, and I just don't recall that, I could be wrong though. It is slightly possible I am thinking about another product, like Lucas that was more concentrated, but I haven't used anything but techron in several years. So I'd just like to confirm if such a product existed/if it still exists, or if I am recalling from a long time ago some other product that I tried. Am I crazy??

BG 44K

Sold my boat in December and have a few bottles of Techron Marine left … anyone see a downside to use in a GDI vehicle ? … otherwise it will probably go stale just using in mower gas alone …
The small bottle is good for up to 40 gallons … just put in 26 gallons …
5.3L has a slight miss and Techron tends to help …

As far as I can tell they should be about the same, you're supposed to use 1oz of techron marine to 10 gallons of fuel to add a similar level of detergent found in Chevron pump gas with Techron but it also contains a stabilizer in addition to the normal techron concentrate.
urban myth /
funny neway.... 😁😁

I just use Red Line SI-1 if I fill up at an non-top tier station(Safeway) at the rate of 1oz:10 gallons and call it a day.

See my post on page 1, Techron Marine has higher concentration of PEA, but not so much higher to justify the much lower treat rate.
It is aimed at Marine use where fuel stabilization is perhaps as important.
So if its PEA you're after consider a higher treat rate with it. Perhaps on the order of 3-5oz/10gal.

We have the concentrated version at the chevron refinery where I work. It’s added to the trucks if they are headed to a chevron branded gas station and we keep some here in the lab for use in our octane testing engines. You can’t buy it publicly. We add about 1-1.5mls per gallon of Techron to the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back