Mixing MMO with Techron Concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

What are the amounts of Redline and MMO that you mix? I thought you may have mentioned 3OZ of each one per tank or per 10 gallons... Thanks.

I add 12 ounces of RL FI cleaner to a qt of MMO, and use that mix at a rate of 4 ounces/10 gallons of fuel. Just something I decided upon, nothing more. HTH

Thanks. I may try it...

Let me know how it works for you if you try it.

Do you think this mix would work in any pre 70's type muscle car? I could try it in my 65 289 stang and also probably in my 63 Galaxie 427... Original survivor cars.

Do you think this mix would work in any pre 70's type muscle car? I could try it in my 65 289 stang and also probably in my 63 Galaxie 427... Original survivor cars.

I think so.

Originally Posted By: morris
my dad would say, dont over think your self. mmo is all you need

I think your dad is right. I finally had to buy gas today and it turns out I lost about 3 or 4 MPG. I only got 12.5 on this last tank that I added the whole bottle of Techron. Maybe that means the Techron was doing some good cleaning, or maybe it bogged down my mpg for some other reason. I did add a mixture of 1.5 oz of Techron and 4.5 oz of MMO in the tank that I bought today, this was before I got home and checked my mileage on fuelly.com.

I guess I will run this new tank down as far as I possibly can, even after the low fuel light comes on, so I can get more of the full strength Techron mix out of the tank. My truck ran OK on the Techron dose but I have a hunch I won't be adding any more franken-brew MMO and Techron. I should have just left well enough alone.

Curious if a shock dose of Techron at end of an OCI and then a regiment of MMO + TC-W3 there after would not accomplish the best of all worlds ?

Originally Posted By: morris
my dad would say, dont over think your self. mmo is all you need

Wow that sounds like an ad tag. Do you work for a marketing company? LOL
whistle.gif

Huge mistake. One way to advance the demise of a catalytic converter is smother it in oil, especially the yellow pale oils of the 1930's. Same goes for seafoam. Want a P0420? Go ahead do it.

There is so much expert instruction, including the manufacturers specifically stating NOT to use any additives in the oil of a modern car as well. UNLESS they are approved.

As far as adding an OIL to your gas in a modern car. INSANE!

About the only additive I know of is PEA detergent that is found in things like Techron, Redline, and others this does have the approval of major manufacturers and it is also typically found in ordinary pump gas as well so you know it is safe.

Ignorance is bliss but I can't understand WILLFUL ignorance.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Ignorance is bliss but I can't understand WILLFUL ignorance.

LOL

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Huge mistake. One way to advance the demise of a catalytic converter is smother it in oil, especially the yellow pale oils of the 1930's. Same goes for seafoam. Want a P0420? Go ahead do it.

I am not going to worry about these replies too much. I have been using MMO in my fuel for nearly 3 years and over 50,000 miles now, and I have not killed my cat or thrown any cat-related emissions codes yet. I did have a P0421 code back in 2010 but that was from an accident where I was hit in the left front end and it broke my Evap Leak Detection Pump. Here at 149,700 miles my truck still has both of its original cats, and both are still doing just fine. I did swap out both upstream O2's at about 80,000 miles, but I did that only as a preventative maintenance measure. I had no O2 related codes at the time, and have had no O2 codes since then either. I changed out my Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor at the same time, also as preventative maintenance.

I have posted about my good results with MMO in many a thread here on BITOG but I just don't see a need to defend myself any further. MMO works for me. Countless others have posted that they received good positive results from using MMO too, and their posts not just here on BITOG. Some of us have been using MMO for decades. We can't all be wrong.

Jimmy I don't worry much about those replies either. I've been using MMO in the gas before a lot of guys on this site were even born. Well over 200K on the Aerostar original o2 sensor and CC, 88 E-150 original CC. The 88 E-150 has been using MMO since new, and so has my 08 Liberty. If it ruins CC and 02 sensors, I think I'd know. These are 3 current vehicles in my fleet that have been using top oil, two of which since new, one for over 160,000 miles.

The benefits of a UCL have been debated here, I'm not going to go into my reasons for using it again. My point here is if MMO ruined Cat Converters, I think I would have replaced at least one by now. My use of MMO dates back to before CC even existed, and from the first generation CC up until 2008.

I'll continue to put my trust in the car manufacturers over random internetz posters and MMO.

I'd still like to see where the independent, certified scientific tests are that prove MMOs' effectiveness at..well, anything at all.
grin.gif

I'm waiting.

I don't think you will ever see any independent tests about MMO. Simply because most of the scientific capable testing facilities know that MMO works, and will not bother to use any time, testing it.

The same goes for car manufacturers!
Besides, car manufacturers doesn't recommend any products where they get nothing in return.
A product that makes your car last longer, will not be recommended.
I guess antiqueshell have the brains to work out why?

Maybe not.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
I don't think you will ever see any independent tests about MMO. Simply because most of the scientific capable testing facilities know that MMO works, and will not bother to use any time, testing it.

Ahhhahaha!

I see wut you did there...or did I?

No I was talking about MMO paying for an independent study. You know to put the skeptics concerns to rest, and so that we would have to stop calling MMO "snake oil".

That is why the folks that sell MMO won't have the tests conducted because at the conclusion MMO will be a DOCUMENTED "snake oil" right?
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I'll continue to put my trust in the car manufacturers over random internetz posters and MMO.

I'd still like to see where the independent, certified scientific tests are that prove MMOs' effectiveness at..well, anything at all.
grin.gif

I'm waiting.

Fund one you'll see it then. I funded my own test, the CC test, it doesn't hurt cat converters according to my testing. You're free to believe it just as I'm free to believe the so called "independent certified scientific tests". Certified by who would be my first question, followed by funded by who, and what their agenda is. lol

It also passed the free sticky lifter test, and engine cleaning test. My tests that is.

If MMO funded the testing you'd say they have an agenda, as would others who refer to it as snake oil. So in the end why would they bother? They sell plenty of product as it is, and with a fan base like they have here and all the positive testimony, why bother? One last note worth mentioning, conduct a test enough times, or pay for the test, and you'll get the results you're looking for. Good if you want, or bad, take your pick.

A few guys funded a Kreen engine cleaning test, the results were quite impressive too!

MMO at 4 oz. per 10 gallons of gas works out to be a 320 : 1 ratio .

TC-W3 at 2 oz per 10 gallons works out to be 640 : 1 ratio .

I use MMO at 640 : 1 and TC-W3 at 1280 : 1 ratio (to be on the safe side) and believe I am doing my car better than with just running E-10 gas alone ...

Just because product "X" doesn't hurt your engine doesn't mean that the product works. It could very well.do nothing. In addition people who spend time over these products generally maintain their vehicles at a higher level. Thee is a good chance that the higher maintenance is responsible for this results and not the additive in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back