Teaching driving

I have been teaching my 15.5 year old daughter how to drive for last 4 months. She is rocking it driving everything.

Odd challenge came up. I taught her to pump gas but did not instruct her to not squeeze the handle when removing nozzle! Glad no one smokes as I had to grab attendant to put down some stuff for fuel spill as she sprayed car and pump . She knows now!

My knowledge went far as we ran into jump start situation and explained putting positive to positive and colors and had her do it. She was able to help two friends jump start the cars with what she did.

That's great! I'm waiting to see how it goes with kid #2, kid #1 hasn't been real interested. [I was going to take him out on one of the faster roads, then I chickened out--maybe I'm the one not ready!]

Nothing like making mistakes when the consequences are minor and well controlled. She'll forever remember that oops.

With a 15 and 13 year old I get the feeling! Exciting but very scary as well! Good luck.

My kids grew up driving tractors, ATV's and my Jeep/Buggy and started street time on their ATV's up in Northern NH at 12 years old (with their cert card). Always did well.

During Driver's Ed, I worked with my daughter back in the day (she's 26 now) and my wife handled our son last year. They both drove about 10 minutes for their test and easily passed the first time. I'm sure it's challenging but fun teaching kids who are not exposed to driving early on.
One of my son's friends failed their driving test 3 times!

Have fun and cherish the experience. In a few years, they'll be telling you how to drive.

Wanted to add, I survived driving with my daughter through Kelley Square in Worcester. I believe I may have had the last remaining hair follicles fall from my scalp that day, but made it home alive.

Going through this with my 16 yr old son right now.
He has had little interest in driving, but when we got a car from their cousin for cheap, he decided he would start to drive more.
We have driven more in the past week than we have in the past 9 months.

I made my daughter learn a lot about vehicles, and she is thankful for it, she has taught her boyfriend a few things (just basic stuff, like checking and adding oil, air filter, cabin filter, tire pressure, tire date code, checked serpentine belt, changed wipers, and will be changing his oil with him this weekend (I will be inside if they need any help)).
She knows how to change her oil and filter, change a tire, jump start with cables and use the battery jump pack (she has used it several times when she was in school), and tells me any weird noise she has.

My son will soon start learning all this stuff as well as it comes up. He never showed any interest before (my daughter has been helping me do stuff on cars since she was little).

Back