First major repair on the 2019 RAM

500hp EFI modern-ess, 8-10spd slushbox, in a 73-79 Bronco or 73-87 K5...with lockers front and rear, 35's or 37's and you'd would have a waiting list to buy. Maybe offer them with a zF 6 or NV 5600...drooling.....The 392 Jeep Wrangler will maintain stupid value unless wrecked.
PS the Bronco and K5 would be way WAY cooler and have character.
Of course, again I jumped too soon and judged. I did not realize exactly what the 393 Jeep is and that the 2025 is the swan song edition. Yet I am always inclined to say OUCH! these days when I see what kind of prices the newer trucks and special SUVs etc can go for. I still find it hard to accept they can not put some of those vehicles on new lots for sale at any kind of normal pricing. All of the folks I have known involved in many different levels of jobs throughout the automotive industry have told me since the 1990s just how much of a profit margin there is for a car maker to build and sell trucks / suvs over the sedans and coupes. They explained it is due to the ease in stamping out the all so very similar body panels and NOT having to constantly re-tool machinery & lines for different auto body styles just about every 2-3 years. So it makes one wonder just how much of a profit they will squeeze from the consumer until we are bled dry!? I have finally turned like my dear old deceased father who used to make me cringe when we discussed the cost of auto parts / auto repairs or auto purchasing because he always demanded they "robbing us blind!" LoL and I would have to remind him too often in fact..... "Dad, it costs money. They pay wages, overhead, insurance. raw materials and on and on and they NEED to make profit to justify all of the effort to begin with!" I keep finding myself forgetting that now and then lately. I STILL say all companies use any little excuse to raise the prices on everything they can. Oil prices across the globe have been being blamed on rising prices of everything for the past 3-4 years like they have over and over since the 70s when OPEC realized what they could do to the rest of the world. Problem is every seller of consumable items or just about anything will raise the costs of what they offer/sell and truthfully tell us it is fuel costs. BUT we all have seen for some reason , once those fuel prices drop out the bottom, the raised prices of consumer goods just keeps going up up and away , never to return to normal pricing.

If it sells for $115k, I don't think that profit margin for Chrysler is an insane amount. The research, development and testing that Chrysler puts into it's "Insanely stupid fun" rides is nothing short of mind-blowing. They have a really really low warranty claim status as a whole. I think if anything, they come out average in terms of profit compared to a run of the mill Ram 1/2 5.7 or 3.6 Wrangler. They spend WAAAY more on R&D in the fun stuff. Bragging rights baby! 1,000hp Street car.. 707hp camper hauler...uuummm heck ..cough cough YEA!
The dealer level, if it stickers at $115k and the dealer wants to sell it for $150k. They are the ones robbing people. Call and report them...That does work.

If it sells for $115k, I don't think that profit margin for Chrysler is an insane amount. The research, development and testing that Chrysler puts into it's "Insanely stupid fun" rides is nothing short of mind-blowing. They have a really really low warranty claim status as a whole. I think if anything, they come out average in terms of profit compared to a run of the mill Ram 1/2 5.7 or 3.6 Wrangler. They spend WAAAY more on R&D in the fun stuff. Bragging rights baby! 1,000hp Street car.. 707hp camper hauler...uuummm heck ..cough cough YEA!
The dealer level, if it stickers at $115k and the dealer wants to sell it for $150k. They are the ones robbing people. Call and report them...That does work.
Yeah. I am so used to seeing the jacked prices on so many trucks especially lately. I had no idea how special that model is + being the final edition will actually make that too a collectible one day. It is so neat that after the auto industry went thru the "smog era" - "no lead" - "de-tuned" - "horse power choked" years to now, the big cubed / big power you can buy for the streets are here again! and you get EFI instead of having to deal with the old carbs that at times gave lots of folks real headaches.

392 wrangler should be 90k-106k(USD) unless you are getting some obscene dealer addons.
1719106845877.jpg

At least you didnt get the check engine light of death....

The 2020 elantra currently either getting a new engine or new shortblock.. not sure.
Have a 24 with 2000 miles as a loaner.

While I was away fishing up on the Trent River (Car was at home) it started flashing the check engine light.. no symptoms..
Autozone said no codes showing.
It was driven to the dealer.. they checked the code and said "Its the needs a new engine code"
3 days later it was approved.

Dealer said (FWIW) its the first time they have ever seen that code on the 2.0L Engine.
From memory: Being 145hp/132TQ and an atkinson cycle with a whopping peak hp of 73hp/L you wouldnt think it would be highly stressed.. but .. bleh.
Not a hyundai/kia Hater.. or fan.. Wife likes them.. or did...

A buddy had a 2017 santa fe.. one day(55k-60k? miles) it randomly started consuming a quart of oil every 500 miles.. and they wouldn't fix it.
He has a CRV now.

the 2020 Ram should be going in for Manifold replacement number 2 soon.
Other than both manifolds its been trouble-free. 52600 miles.

Last edited:
He didn't elaborate on price. But checking comparable Jeeps, as I was thinking it might be fun, OTD was looking to be in the 115k range in our market.
I think that is one of the nicest looking ones they have offered recently. Looks special made for street/off street use.

For the record, the 115k is OTD (Out The Door) as in all fees, sales tax, etc. Maybe it could be had for less. I went and drove a black (I thought @OVERKILL would be proud) one today. Everyone needs a Jeep on 35's from the factory, with 500 hp.

Black on a trail vehicle gives me anxiety. Buffing the paint would be a full-time job...

Well, first thing beyond tires, oil changes and some minor TSB stuff, lol. It's the first thing that has actually "failed".
Rear slider, which is a significantly more expensive repair than the water pump.

Plus all of the flashes which would normally be $200/ea if not under warranty.

Or the exhaust manifold, which would be over $1k.

Rear slider, which is a significantly more expensive repair than the water pump.
Rear window was covered and didn't render the vehicle inoperable. There's also a TSB on it and an updated part, so I include that under my "minor TSB stuff".
Plus all of the flashes which would normally be $200/ea if not under warranty.
Yeah, I get flash-happy with Witech, but I don't consider any of that "repair" work. It's a perk.
Or the exhaust manifold, which would be over $1k.
Also didn't render the vehicle inoperable, is a known issue (TSB), and was covered (and now covered for another 5 years).

Lots of trucks driving around with leaking manifolds.

It also had
- All the body mounts replaced (TSB)
- The rear calliper mounts replaced (TSB)

And has had a new front end put on it twice from two different collisions if you want to include that too, that's $20,000 to add to your total, since you seem to be keeping track.

I think we need to define "major" here. If something is annoying, but the vehicle still works as intended, that's definitely not major; it's minor, and if that's covered under a TSB and warranty, well, not a big deal.

On the other hand, some might not consider a water pump "major", but whether I had it towed or changed it myself, it rendered the vehicle inoperable, so in my mind, that's "major", perhaps not in the scope of work itself, but its impact on the usability of the vehicle.

And has had a new front end put on it twice from two different collisions if you want to include that too, that's $20,000 to add to your total, since you seem to be keeping track.
Don’t be petty now…

I think we need to define "major" here. If something is annoying, but the vehicle still works as intended, that's definitely not major; it's minor, and if that's covered under a TSB and warranty, well, not a big deal.
Fair question. To me, major is defined as any required service item that is not listed in the scheduled maintenance booklet, that would have cost >$1000. Warranty coverage is irrelevant, occurrence is the key.

Don’t be petty now…
Well, I've documented the entire history of the vehicle on here in various threads which included the details on what/why things were done. It's a VERY early production truck, so it got hit with a lot of TSB's for things that were rectified in later production. I don't consider any of that stuff major because I wasn't out of pocket and it was all known issues/TSB's.

To me, in my ownership experience, this is all "minor TSB stuff", I didn't think an exhaustive list of every repair was required for this thread with that said.
Fair question. To me, major is defined as any required service item that is not listed in the scheduled maintenance booklet, that would have cost >$1000. Warranty coverage is irrelevant, occurrence is the key.
For me, it's about the impact on usability. If I had to put shocks on it for $1500, I wouldn't consider that a major repair, even though it meets your price threshold. On the other hand, if a u-joint came apart and disabled the vehicle, despite being below your $1,000 qualifier, I'd consider that reasonably major.

I forgot how many acres of access there was in a regular Hemi engine bay. Looks pretty clean OP. Heres to at least 50k on the new one.

Back