Taking a little break…..

You may not feel like it but try to make sure you and especially your son have plenty of chances to be with friends and loved ones for support

So sorry for your loss!

I lost the love of my life in 2014 after 24 years together. It was devastating! I handled the grief by letting my emotions flow as they needed to and not try to fight it. When I needed to cry I did, daily for the first couple of months - just let it out. I also filled the house with framed pictures of her. It helped to see her smiling face every day. Everyone is different, but this worked for me.

Eight months later I met a lady who was recently widowed after 35 years of marriage, and because I had essentially exhausted my emotional turmoil I found, much to my surprise, that I was actually ready to start a new relationship. We married seven months later. We both still keep pictures of our lost loves around the house, keeping them alive in our hearts. Some say you should let them go and move on. We found that we can move on and still honor the love we shared.

There comes a time when the memories bring smiles instead of tears. It takes time, but you will get there.

sorry for your loss sir! I lost my father at 7 and grandfather at 19. I understand this is not the same as a spouse for sure, but I don't think you ever get over it. Some things get easier but there will always be instances that trigger memories, tears and smiles. Keep your chin up and focus on the memories you built together.

My wife and I are high school sweethearts as well so this one has really hit home.

I do feel for you and completely understand. Today (07/17/21) would have been our 24 year anniversary. She passed away early in 2020 from cancer six months after being diagnosed. One can only deal with it day by day. After a good while the pain lessens but it never goes away. I try to remember the good and push the bad away. You'll need strength to help your son and keep him on the right path. He in turn will help you get through this horrid time.

Very sorry for your loss.

hang in there. Communicate with each other. Support each other. Reach out for professional help if needed.

Man, I can’t imagine. I’m so sorry for what you’re going through.

I lost my dad to cancer when I was 22, but losing your wife - your life partner, the mother of your children - that’s just different.

You and your son are in my prayers.

I pray that, with time, the pain of the loss is lessened, that you’re able to remember the good times and the funny times, and that you’re able to do fun things that take your mind off of everything!

I also pray that you find someone else, when you’re ready!

God bless you!

Dave, so sorry to hear this! I've been through devastating loss, and can say that life goes on. You never forget, and the pain of the loss is always with you to an extent, but there are better days ahead for you and your son. You'll be in my prayers.

I do feel for you and completely understand. Today (07/17/21) would have been our 24 year anniversary. She passed away early in 2020 from cancer six months after being diagnosed. One can only deal with it day by day. After a good while the pain lessens but it never goes away. I try to remember the good and push the bad away. You'll need strength to help your son and keep him on the right path. He in turn will help you get through this horrid time.

What amazes me is how much he is like his mom. Stubborn, but sweet and kind. He really is teaching me a few things….

Back