Why I haven't posted much for 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want you guys to know that I'm still here, tho I've posted very little since last Oct. I retired at the end of Oct., almost immediately got real sick, and finally had a physical and a colonoscopy in early Feb. The colonoscopy showed a large rectal cancer tumor. To make a long story short, since then its been a continuing nightmare of an operation, CAT scan, PET scan, biopsy of a small spot on my lower right lung (which might also be cancer), and now, chemo therapy. Radiation will follow, and a possible operation on the lung. This is not my idea of what I wanted to do after retiring. I'm trying to do my best to keep a positive attitude, but many things have fallen by the wayside, including posting on this site. I miss you guys and reading this site and posting on it. You all take care.

Go back to work!

Seriously though, it's good to see you back. Please stay with us. We lost Tony a few months back (see pinned thread), and the board hasn't been quite the same since. You've been a good and valued contributor. Keep coming by, you add value here, and perhaps we can give you some encouragement, as well as something to do, during those long hours of being laid up.

Hang in there, and don't be a stranger. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My prayers are with you. Check back with us when you feel up to it.

jmacmaster, you are in my prayers! NONE of us knows when life will throw a curve or we are challenged in the most difficult of ways but know that people here do care.

Rise to the challenge and hang in there Bro!

Terry

jmacmaster,

Sorry to hear of your ordeal with Cancer. I have my ongoing fight with it and other health battles too.

BITOG and a few other forums, keep my spirits up and have a laugh or two. I even learn something occaisionally. It helps me from feeling too sorry for myself and meet some fine people, like on here.

Fight! Keep up the fight and struggle. Never, never, never, give up. We never know what tomorrow brings. There are many that will never see it, we will. Paul.
thumbsup.gif
cheers2.gif

Just when you pause to take a rest
frown.gif

Tough break. You'll be part of my daily meditations. You've got some challenges to face and endure that I cannot pretend to identify with..but I hope that your recovery is swift and complete.

Stay in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back