Taking a little break…..

Hi Everyone-

I know the title sounds a little strange, but in honesty- I wasn’t really sure how to word it. In truth- a break is coming- but here is why- and I shared it because I have friends here….

My wife and I found out she had cancer almost two months ago. The hospital doctors had a plan , and did a biopsy. For whatever reason, it just accelerated her issues. Long story short- she passed away July 8th, just a few months short of our 20th Wedding anniversary. My son and I are hanging in there, but it has been hard. Especially for me as we were high school sweethearts as well. I know I have a long road of healing ahead….

This also leads me to ask a question- to those who have been though it- how did you handle it? The good and the bad. The one thing I am very thankful for is for the support of my family and friends….

I'm so very sorry Dave. You, your son and your family are in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Although I have never been through it, I would think that love and support from your friends and family will help you handle it.

Oh man... I'm sorry this happened. I don't think you ever get through something like this. It just becomes part of who you are and you hang on to all the good times. My wife and I have been married 21yrs. We've been together 30. Couldn't imagine..

I am so sorry for your loss.
I lost my brother at 44 after a horrible 2 year battle with cancer.
All I can say is, if your dear wife did not suffer, please take some comfort as she is in a better place.

Blessings to you and your beautiful family. You will see youe wife again in the next world!

I’m so sorry for the loss of your wife. I’ve lost family members and it’s just so upsetting. I hope you both have lots of memories to cherish forever. My grandfather died from cancer unfortunately and I never got to meet him. My parents just celebrated their 29th anniversary on the 4th and I can’t imagine loosing either one of them and I know they can’t imagine losing one or the other either. My thoughts are with you at this time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We all love you Dave, as we are all one big family here. And if you need any one of us at any time, please reach out to us ok?

I'll say a special prayer for her tonight.

Her spirit will always be there with you, always remember that.

I want you to do something Dave. When you think about your amazing wife, I want you to think about something so funny between the two of you that made y'all just totally laugh out loud uncontrollably. Maybe an inside joke that only you two would understand, or just something really funny that happened when y'all were together.

This will put a smile on your face. And she will be smiling down on you too.

My very sincere condolences Dave. I didn't lose my wife but did my father in 2017. Good to know you and your Son have each other to help you through this.

Very sorry for your loss. My experience has found out that time helps you accept it but the pain lingers for me a long time and still does for me. It is especially bad if you are alone as I was. Support groups help a lot and hospice has reached out to me several times and it always helped to talk to someone.

Back