T-Mobile Raises Rates

The un carrier has just become a regular carrier now that they’re so big.
I just got a text message, pretty much they broke with tradition and prices are no longer grandfathered in.
Our rate is going up five dollars per line per month.

I knew it would be just a matter of time as once a company gets big enough they can start grabbing more profit.

I guess time to check out Redpocket (of which I previously had for many years and my daughter still ) and USMobile. But may wait until 2025 as I have a big trip end of the year I’m not sure I want to mess around being T-Mobile gives me airplane data . But I may switch as. T-Mobile was so obnoxious as to give less than a two week notice with memorial day in between.

I can pay roughly $600 less a year using US mobile and maybe red pocket after this price increase

What's weird is I'm on Google Fi and got this text message. I know they use the T-Mo network but still.

Fi is the best value I can find for discounted phones and international use.

AT&T ($65) and Verizon ($80) are both cheaper than TMO ($85) now for military plans. I'll be switching soon.

EDIT: I just saw the next TMO plans, $101 for the Go5G Next Military vs $85 for the "old" Magenta MAX Military. But they threw in a year of AAA and Hulu :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
What's weird is I'm on Google Fi and got this text message. I know they use the T-Mo network but still.

Fi is the best value I can find for discounted phones and international use.
Google FI recently raised rates too, I have 5 lines. Jerks.

The good thing is that T Mobile gives you free or discounted upgrades to phones and some carriers don't do that. I just got a Moto G 5G for free which is all the phone I need.

My brother bought a Moto G Power under his AT&T plan. He bought the phone through Amazon. He couldn't get WiFi calling to work although that phone is capable of it. He finally got to a senior AT&T technician who told him WiFi calling works for that phone only if you bought it directly from AT&T. Sucks to find that out after the fact.

I've got Visible by Verizon, $25 unlimited voice, data, text and a single item can be hot spotted.

The twist? Lower priority on the network, but the network isn't saturated where I use my phone.

I've got Visible by Verizon, $25 unlimited voice, data, text and a single item can be hot spotted.

The twist? Lower priority on the network, but the network isn't saturated where I use my phone.
Yep,

My plan is to buy phones from the manufacturer or from reputable refurbishers and go with an MVNO.

If folks like TMO, go with Mint which uses the same network. Unless you need international roaming or other such things, most folks would probably be well served to just go with an MVNO.

My primary line is on Mint's 15gb/month plan for $20/month paid a year in advance. For about 3 months of the ~$80/month service, I get nearly a year of service.

I used the money saved to have a second line on Visible.

So, for $55/month (I went with Visible+ and was grandfathered into the $35/month price) I get two lines of service on my phone, having access to both the TMO and VZN networks.

I did the math and for the cost of two years on someone like ATT, TMO or VZN and a "free phone" I can buy a new phone from Apple every other year AND get three years of service on one of the two lines I have. Basically, the third year is "free."

Unless the bundle of extras they offer fits your use case, I believe most folks would be well served to just move to an MVNO and be done with it.

AT&T ($65) and Verizon ($80) are both cheaper than TMO ($85) now for military plans. I'll be switching soon.

EDIT: I just saw the next TMO plans, $101 for the Go5G Next Military vs $85 for the "old" Magenta MAX Military. But they threw in a year of AAA and Hulu :ROFLMAO:
That's my complete. I keep seeing cellphone companies bundling different plans with movies and tv. I just want a reasonable plan zi don't need hulu or Disney plus

I saw this coming in October when I switched to Google Fi. T-Mobile showed their hand when they made some initial noise about moving customers from legacy plans to "improved" featured plans all for the benefit of the customer.
I have the same service and pay less with zero drama from T-Mobile.
The wheels came off when Legere exited.

I saw this coming in October when I switched to Google Fi. T-Mobile showed their hand when they made some initial noise about moving customers from legacy plans to "improved" featured plans all for the benefit of the customer.
I have the same service and pay less with zero drama from T-Mobile.
The wheels came off when Legere exited.

And when they removed the $5 autopay discount unless you give them a debit card or access to your checking account. No way! They've become the uncarrier.

It's amazing how much more we pay for cell/data/internet in the US than they do in a lot of what we call "developing" countries for more inferior service.

Sometimes being the best country in the world is not the best situation.

The un carrier has just become a regular carrier now that they’re so big.
I just got a text message, pretty much they broke with tradition and prices are no longer grandfathered in.
Our rate is going up five dollars per line per month.

I knew it would be just a matter of time as once a company gets big enough they can start grabbing more profit.

I guess time to check out Redpocket (of which I previously had for many years and my daughter still ) and USMobile. But may wait until 2025 as I have a big trip end of the year I’m not sure I want to mess around being T-Mobile gives me airplane data . But I may switch as. T-Mobile was so obnoxious as to give less than a two week notice with memorial day in between.

I can pay roughly $600 less a year using US mobile and maybe red pocket after this price increase
I really like US Mobile. I'm on the warp plan. I switched to the GSM+5g premium plan a week before I went to Italy for native roaming internationally. Landed in Italy and in 15 minutes, I was connect to cell service and had no issues at all. Landed back in the US and switch back to warp with no issues. Went from paying $90 a month with verizon to $29 a month with the same service.

I really like US Mobile. I'm on the warp plan. I switched to the GSM+5g premium plan a week before I went to Italy for native roaming internationally. Landed in Italy and in 15 minutes, I was connect to cell service and had no issues at all. Landed back in the US and switch back to warp with no issues. Went from paying $90 a month with verizon to $29 a month with the same service.
This is very helpful as you might have read for a trip overseas late this year.
I already have seen the section online to switch cell service too. Meaning if I wanted to go from Warp (Verizon) here in the US to GSM (TMobile) Its good to try out Verizon and after the way T-Mobile treated their customers this past year I didnt want them to get any business.

I’d jump over to vz prepaid. 15gb, $45-10 auto pay credit 3-6-9 months brings you down to $25/month. If you need more they have a $50&60 plan also.

IMG_4897.jpg

got the same text. they tried this a few months ago and the back lash force them to back down. lets see what happens on june 5th

Back