Cell phone plan shopping

Currently three people share a family plan on Verizon, unlimited talk, text and 2GB shared data. $20 a line and net discounts the plan itself is $27. Verizon just added an add on fee to the plan - $12 - so total for 3 lines is $20+$20+$20+$27+$12 = $99 plus tax.

The $12 fee annoys me, which prompted me to look and see what else is out there. I gather the users can get away with more data for about the same money from something like Straight Talk (looks like north of $40) or Pageplus ($30 a line), but the data isn't needed. Seems like the old family plan construct is gone and replaced with a per line charge that changes depending on the number of lines for the big carrier (Verizon and AT&T) and unlimited data would only make a new plan more expensive anyway.

Started looking elsewhere like Mint Mobile which seems to be a savings but not sure they would be ready to make that jump.

Anyway - is there any setup with the big carriers or more well known carrier that is worth considering? Would prefer to stay with a carrier that leverages the Verizon network.
Total Wireless runs on the Verizon network. We pay 105/mo for unlimited everything on 4 lines, that is all taxes/fees etc baked into the 105 price.

You have to bring your own phone or buy one of theirs outright.

Total Wireless runs on the Verizon network. We pay 105/mo for unlimited everything on 4 lines, that is all taxes/fees etc baked into the 105 price.

You have to bring your own phone or buy one of theirs outright.
Good post, when talking cell phone rates, very few people post (and others never ask) what is the ACTUAL PAYMENT.
Im glad to see someone other than myself post it. 🙃

The whole added on fees and tax thing is such as scam, most people have no idea what their actual bill is.

Back