Horrendous AT&T cell service

Hard to say since AT&T bought up several.
Visible wireless does work well here, and I do know its Verizon, but the deals are good.
But I will shop. T-Mobile and Boost-Mint etc. do not do well here. Cricket used to be the bomb but they
are now AT&T. Consumer Cellar.......... another AT&T deal. Homework ahead but no more AT&T
I’m bout to go the Crickett route. Odd that girlfriend and her daughter have it and live 1/8 mile from me with 0 issues. Talked to t mobile folks; they didn’t seem knowledgeable or didn’t care 🤬🤬

Tmo pretty respectable in the flats take it to the mountains not so good. My experience att overall best indoor/outdoor coverage Verizon rural area coverage and tmo is meh it works but nothing to write home about. I’m itching to switch off

At my one property I called 611 to report/complain, thinking maybe something was down. This is what they told me to do. My iPhone never found LTE even with a reboot. It works to find LTE elsewhere when I’ve since done this trick so it’s not my phone, it seems. It’s a dead area. Yet the signal strength indicates otherwise.

It’s not clear how one reports major service issues to ATT for further investigation without waiting on hold for an hour with 611. And that may not even do it.

And that’s not to mention poor performance when I have service in many places. Here’s an example of miserable response times. A fine push of data speeds to download, but it’s almost like the requests can’t go out..

View attachment 167692

Quite often it just can’t connect to speedtest, BITOG, google, you name it. Even slower than this

View attachment 167693

That was one of the things that has clued me in more than once. I’ve been at places with “rewards” cards on my phone and the apps have said I’m “offline”, even with multiple bars of service. No settings, restarts, etc. have fixed it. Leaving the area does.
Is that slow?

This is what I have, phone works fine.

Screenshot_20231216-053936_Speedtest.jpg

I feel it varies by area. Here in my area Verizon is the leader of phone service with the best coverage and most towers. AT&T is second, T-Mobile third and lastly US Cellular (they are really bad here). We have Verizon and are covered everywhere here except in a small dead zone on my route to and from work. The only place I ever had issues with service besides the dead zone was at my high school when I was still in school there AT&T was the only company that would pick up inside the school. Most of the people I know that still have AT&T only do because they switched years ago when the first few iPhones came out and were exclusive to AT&T. Other than that everyone I know has Verizon or T-Mobile and T-Mobile is also bad here they drop calls and you can’t hear them when they call or anything it was much better when it was Sprint.

ATT is in and out here like about anyone else really. Verizon is probably the best and most expensive. With Consumer Cell and ATT there will be time of no service during the day. And my local big town county seat has no service on the east side of town.

I live in a rural area. AT&T has the strongest signal in my town. AT&T is >= the # of bars that Verizon has in all places here. Many places Verizon has dead zone and AT&T is 2+ bars. Verizion really struggles here, and T-Mobile has too many dead zones to be a viable option.
My plan also has free talk, text, and data (including hotspot data) in over 210 international countries.
I plan on staying with AT&T forever.

I went with the basic Visible unlimited plan a few weeks back at $20 a month for 2 years and then $25 a month.
Got a basic A15 phone and I get great service where AT&T gave very poor.
Totally thrilled. .no issues.
I'm at a place right now where I couldn't even use my apps to order.
Now they are very fast every day.
I got a month free by recommending someone here and he got a discount too. AT&T was very expensive and worthless here.

I went with the basic Visible unlimited plan a few weeks back at $20 a month for 2 years and then $25 a month.
Got a basic A15 phone and I get great service where AT&T gave very poor.
Totally thrilled. .no issues.
I'm at a place right now where I couldn't even use my apps to order.
Now they are very fast every day.
I got a month free by recommending someone here and he got a discount too. AT&T was very expensive and worthless here.
I was on the "cheap" visible unlimited plan, but the Verizon deprioritized data impacted me often as l live in an area with congested towers. I've heard that many other places get excellent service with it. It appears that you are in a good area for that plan.
Switching to a Verizon plan with prioritized data solved my issues.

Back