Any Mint Mobile Users?

Originally Posted by wag123
Redtech91, I use Red Pocket on AT&T (GSMA). Mobile hotspot works without an extra charge (unlike AT&T's own service that charges $10/mo extra).
Alarmguy, My wife is still directly on AT&T and I used to be on them (and still am, through Red Pocket). I can confirm that AT&T does have a problem with text messages from time to time, so it is an AT&T problem, not a Red Pocket problem.

Thanks, yes, I agree. I came back in here to report that it seems like the issues are cleared up again, for now.
Ive been using cell phones for the last 20+ years and I know with any carrier if there is an issue sooner or later they clear it up.
For a period of a couple weeks, we had spotty issues sending pictures in SMS, now all good again.

So I been using visible for a few days and well its slow they claim they are updating.I will update later.I dropped my phone in water the other day it was only in a sec or two but it stopped charging I blew it out with air and let it sit in front of the heater for a few hours it seems ok lol.Visible offers a deal where you can swap a non compatible phone GSM pretty much any old phone for a ZTE grand max 10 it looks to be a decent phone it has a huge screen.Its out of stock waiting to swap out it is a really good deal.The service is slow I have really not used it a whole lot but visible ok for 40.00 a month I think its one of the best deals.I use a lot of data and with unlimited data and hotspot I don't think I can find any better really.

Originally Posted by radtech91
Originally Posted by cknight49090
Anyone have any experience with visible? Or thoughts on this deal?

That's who I'm with now. I've been with them since August last year. I've decided to just stay with them for now. I really like them, no problems at all. I was just trying to see if I could get a better deal, I know I'm just being cheap. But for $25 a month unlimited everything it is a very good deal. Especially on Verizon. It is worth noting though that it only runs on Verizon LTE, not their 1X or 3G service.

New Visable price is $40 a month for one line, still good though. Only first month is $25, the unlimited data does make you first in line to be slowed down if network traffic is high. Again, not a big deal and not a bad deal from Verizon, who honestly was forced into it by the other carriers and I dont trust them to not raise prices *L*
(such "as long as this offer lasts" right on their website)

Yet I would certainly consider them as an option at a much higher cost then Redpocket though, only because I do not need a huge amount or high speed data, 5GB a line is enough for me, never went past it. I want to stress for someone that needs more then 5 or 10 GB of data its a great deal, it seems anyway.

Reading the Visible website if someone wants to pay a little extra for the Verizon name, its a pretty darn good deal.
I could switch in a heartbeat, literally, if I wanted but would be paying much more for data then I pay from Redpocket, I dont need or use more then 5GB, at $40 a month for someone who does, Visible is great deal. Plus you get $100 gift car if you bring your own phone.

So if I swtiched my 3 lines from Redpocket ATT service at $70 a month to Visible Verizon service it would cost me $90 a month, not bad again, IF I needed more then 5GB of high speed internet per line.

Last edited:
UPDATE,
MY ATT REDPOCKET UNLIMITED DATA NOW INCLUDES 8GB OF HIGH SPEED PER LINE, I didnt even know it until I checked, it was increased from the 5GB I mentioned above.

Verizon Visible is a sweet deal (at the moment anyway) more so if you have 4 people together the cost only is $25 per line. I just did notice on their site that visible speeds are 5 to 12 Mbps, not exactly a speed record but chances are you wouldn't notice the limit. ATT Redpocket speedsare up to 400% higher, again, doesnt really matter on a cell phone but Visible does limit your speeds to 5Mbps if you tether, again, not a big deal ... just pointing out there are some restrictions over full Verizon service and most all the public would not notice.

For my wife and I, the Visible would be $70, much higher then $50 for Redpocket. Wife has had some SMS issues with her Huawei phone lately, chance are it will pass, my iPhone XR has been good. Like any network, seems like maybe there was some ATT network upgrading going on affecting messages with photos, Verizon is also advertising upgrades to their networks and effects.
Not sure yet but messaging for me seems back to normal, wife, not as much yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy
I just did notice on their site that visible speeds are 5 to 12 Mbps, not exactly a speed record but chances are you wouldn't notice the limit. ATT Redpocket speedsare up to 400% higher, again, doesnt really matter on a cell phone but Visible does limit your speeds to 5Mbps if you tether, again, not a big deal ... just pointing out there are some restrictions over full Verizon service and most all the public would not notice.
My Red Pocket AT&T also limits tethered speeds, but only on my Windows laptop, and the speed is limited to something like 2-3Mbps down (and sometimes as low as 256Kbps when they have network congestion), they don't limit the tethered speeds on my Android tablet. I guess that they can detect when Windows is being used on their network. I'm going to try using my VPN service on the laptop and see if it helps.

Last edited:
I just did notice on their site that visible speeds are 5 to 12 Mbps, not exactly a speed record but chances are you wouldn't notice the limit. ATT Redpocket speedsare up to 400% higher, again, doesnt really matter on a cell phone but Visible does limit your speeds to 5Mbps if you tether, again, not a big deal ... just pointing out there are some restrictions over full Verizon service and most all the public would not notice.
My Red Pocket AT&T also limits tethered speeds, but only on my Windows laptop, and the speed is limited to something like 2-3Mbps down (and sometimes as low as 256Kbps when they have network congestion), they don't limit the tethered speeds on my Android tablet. I guess that they can detect when Windows is being used on their network. I'm going to try using my VPN service on the laptop and see if it helps.
Well, that doesn't work. Connecting through my VPN drops my speed to under 1Mbps, much higher latency as well. AT&T certainly knows that I am connected through a VPN.

I am sure you know this since you have Redpocket but I am assuming you are not assuming you have ATT just because you have Redpocket.
I am assuming you selected ATT when you signed up with Redpocket.
More or less, many in these forums may not know, unlike the other third party cell providers. With Redpocket you can select to be on any of the networks, which is ATT, Verizon, TMobile and Sprint when signing up for Redpocket.

I think for most, if your a person who teathers constantly you may want a top tier service, lets face it most people dont and why al the third party providers now, if your someone who always NEEDS to tether because no other type of access, then mainstream Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile would be the most reliable way.
Actually 2 days ago I teathered for the first time ever with Redpocket ATT on my Mac mini because for the first time in over 5 years our Spectrum internet was down overnight at our house.
I didnt notice any difference in speed but I didnt think to do a speed test either. I did remember showing my wife how fast it was. Maybe a tad more latency but overall was awesome as a back up.

Last edited:
I am sure you know this since you have Redpocket but I am assuming you are not assuming you have ATT just because you have Redpocket.
I am assuming you selected ATT when you signed up with Redpocket.
More or less, many in these forums may not know, unlike the other third party cell providers. With Redpocket you can select to be on any of the networks, which is ATT, Verizon, TMobile and Sprint when signing up for Redpocket.

I think for most, if your a person who teathers constantly you may want a top tier service, lets face it most people dont and why al the third party providers now, if your someone who always NEEDS to tether because no other type of access, then mainstream Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile would be the most reliable way.
Actually 2 days ago I teathered for the first time ever with Redpocket ATT on my Mac mini because for the first time in over 5 years our Spectrum internet was down overnight at our house.
I didnt notice any difference in speed but I didnt think to do a speed test either. I did remember showing my wife how fast it was. Maybe a tad more latency but overall was awesome as a back up.
I have Red Pocket's GSMA which is AT&T, and I am using it on a ZTE MF279 AT&T LTE device. I use it at my country house (not my full-time home) and I also use the device for my phone service out there. AT&T's tower is high on a hill 7 miles away on the other side of a lake (I can see it with binoculars), but I get 3-4 bars of signal strength with an outdoor yagi antenna mounted above my roof.
I'm seeing over 30Mbps on the Android tablet, but typically only 2-3Mbps on my Windows laptop. I can tell when there is network congestion on their tower because my speeds drop to 5-7Mbps on the tablet and as low as 128kbps on the laptop. I can go back and forth between them and I see these speed results consistently. AT&T's Unlimited 50gb plan (which gives 15gb/mo of hotspot/tethering data, the same as the Red Pocket I purchased) is 3 times as much per month with all of the fees, surcharges, and taxes added-on. That would be a hard pill to swallow on a fixed income considering I don't live there and I would hate to get their service and find out that I don't get any better throughput.

Wow, nice deal WAG123.
I can see you are well versed in cell phone service and a good statement for others regarding Red Pocket ATT for others. At least Im not the only one saying it :eek:)

Im not sure if I posted in this thread but Red pocket increased the high speed data on my plan from 5Gb per line to 8Gb. I wasn't aware of it, but we dont use over 5gb anyway.
Yes, agree on the "surcharges" just plain stupid that consumers put up with it. They advertise a price but no one ever gets it.

I will never do business with companies that use those practices and honestly? I cant blame them because people for some dumb reason pay it.
If I sign up for a service, the only thing to me that they can leave out of the price is tax.

Its why I post to people in here, dont tell me what your cell phone service cost, stupid as it sounds, I tell them to post what they actually pay.
Its almost laughable.

Wow, nice deal WAG123.
I can see you are well versed in cell phone service and a good statement for others regarding Red Pocket ATT for others. At least Im not the only one saying it :eek:)

Im not sure if I posted in this thread but Red pocket increased the high speed data on my plan from 5Gb per line to 8Gb. I wasn't aware of it, but we dont use over 5gb anyway.
Yes, agree on the "surcharges" just plain stupid that consumers put up with it. They advertise a price but no one ever gets it.

I will never do business with companies that use those practices and honestly? I cant blame them because people for some dumb reason pay it.
If I sign up for a service, the only thing to me that they can leave out of the price is tax.

Its why I post to people in here, dont tell me what your cell phone service cost, stupid as it sounds, I tell them to post what they actually pay.
Its almost laughable.
This past Christmas, Red Pocket had a sale on eBay. I got 12 months of GSMA (AT&T) with 15gb/mo LTE for $269 all-in (including the sim). I couldn't pass it up. It was icing on the cake when I discovered that tethering/hotspot is included in the price.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Does red pocket still have the issue of iphone mms to android not working?
This is has been a problem with many providers and in both directions. It is not a problem specific to Red Pocket, it happens if you're roaming on a cellular provider network that is different from your billing provider's network.

Wow, nice deal WAG123.

Its almost laughable.
This past Christmas, Red Pocket had a sale on eBay. I got 12 months of GSMA (AT&T) with 15gb/mo LTE for $269 all-in (including the sim). I couldn't pass it up. It was icing on the cake when I discovered that tethering/hotspot is included in the price.

Yes, I know about their deals on eBay, they are pretty darn amazing.
Again, I dont need or use tethering but it was pretty darn cool when I did use it after our home internet went down. On home internet has been rock solid but this time it went down for over a day and said what the heck let me try tethering.

I couldn't believe how fast it was. I got to admit, it was cool

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Does red pocket still have the issue of iphone mms to android not working?

Hmmmm ... I have an iPhone XR, no issues, there was a moment in time not to long ago that MMS messaging got a little funky, but I think that is the carrier, any carrier at any given time (ATT, Verizon ect).
can be doing upgrading or whatever.
I have no issues at all with messaging and MMS except for a brief period of time not to long ago where sometimes picture messaging wouldn't work right and why I think that was ATT rather then programming on my iPhone because it was intermittent. .

My wife ran into the issue with her android phone, again, can not say if it was the carrier or red pocket. But this was different, She couldn't send and receive pictures through text, it was not intermittent any longer, it just stopped working.
Well I finally got to look into it and it was simple to fix. I dont know but suspect something scrambled her settings and red pocket tech support online chat was no help (as most aren't)

So I decided to go over her settings for her APN info and found some things were incorrect when comparing to red pocket tech support page which is pretty darn good and tells you what you should set. I made the changes and it works perfect again and I mean 100% perfect. It literally took me minutes once I found the support page.

With iPhones you can not "see" that info but red pocket does have a "script" you can run to set up your iPhone. I have not had to re-do any of that, my iphone is working perfect.

Last edited:
Visible is horrible I live In a bad area for signal but it took an hour to update 2 apps.It wont play a song without buffering and took 15 mins to download one song maybe 30 mins.

I am very happy in general with Red Pocket but have a problem now that I can't resolve. I'm trying to put another phone (iphone5s) on my family plan and it's an ebay purchase apparently on Sprint. No sim. RedPocket has no Sprint sims for this phone for over a month now, backordered. Is there a way to get on a different carrier or get a Sprint sim?

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Go to any boost mobile or sprint store.. IPhone 5s may be unlockable.. Look into it..

There's no BM or Sprint anywhere near me. I've seem on ebay an 'unlock turbo sim card' and numerous Sprint sims but don't know if any of those would work.

Back