Mint Mobile mini-review and discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand, Im not being argumentative either, was just pointing out the official company Conditions which is the only source of information. But read my next post to madriver, yes, forums, its easy to take someones owrds as argumentative. I want to STRESS, they are all good!
MINT, REDPOCKET, CRICKET, already posted why I am with Redpocket now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by madRiver
Do the MVO providers like red... and mint warn you when you are about to get charged outside plan via text?

Verizon does and I find it extremely useful. I always am interested in cheaper options. I have three phones on Verizon sharing 12GB costing $40/phone. The coverage is incredible however if we trave(off wifi at work/home)l we seem to eat up the 12GB and throttled down to .6MBPS for "free". Always open for options.

Is that your ACTUAL payment? $120.00 a month or is it more like $139.00 or more a month for 3 lines actual payment?

Now to answer your question.
Redpocket does NOT offer roaming so you will not be charged, Redpocket DOES recommend disabling roaming on your phone for better performance. I checked my unlocked phone that I run REDPOCKET /ATT on and it was already turned off.
So you get no text warning, because there is no roaming.

To me Verizon isnt any better then REDPOCKET/ATT at least in South Carolina. This whole roaming thing is BS in most every case. With ATT or Verizon, there is either a tower in the area or not.
MY ATT REDPOCKET PHONE WORKS THE SAME AND BETTER THEN MY VERIZON WORK PROVIDED PHONE.
Many times in the middle of nowhere when no Verizon signal my redpocket ATT phone works just fine, others times its the other way around but rare.

I dont know how such a statement can be made any stronger, here you have someone who uses both services EVERY working day of the week and actually prefers REDPOCKET/ATT over Verizon.
I also prefered ATT/Cricket over Verizon
I also prefered ATT/Straighttalk over Verizon.

I am glad there are so many people who are afraid/dont believe or cant afford to buy there own phones and go to monthly no contract phones. If everyone did, prices would rise. Its the most stupid simple thing in the world ... ah ha... but MARKETING (like Mobile 1 over Super Tech) *L* people.

So again, for us, we buy our phones, we pay for phone service on a monthly basis much like ANYTHING in life, we do not sign contracts and we get ATT unlimited everything, text, talk, unlimited data( 5 gigs per line lte speeds per month) cell phone service for a ACTUAL PAYMENT of $70.40 PER MONTH FOR THREE LINES.

Ok, here is another stupid simple comment. WHAT THE HECK DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?

When we went to no contract phones, we simply bought a cheap phone and kept our contract phones. So we paid for an extra phone for 2 months or so. Once I was sure, I switch our phones over. That is the part that drives me nuts, NO one has anything to lose if they are curious, just go do it, THERE IS NO CONTRACT, this is a problem Americans cant get out of their head, most of the world is no contract as it is.

When the heck did American people start signing 2 year contracts for a phone?
The day the cell phones companies told then it was "free" now how silly is that, free? BOUND by contract for two YEARS FOR A PHONE SERVICE?

Take non of the above as anything but trying to help, I am soooo passionate on the subject. We as Americans have been trained to sign contracts for two years, in order to have a phone we can not afford, if you could afford it, then why do you sign an iron clad contract with no way out, no matter how bad the service for two years?

Last edited:
Reading this to see if anything is new.

I was on cricket for 3 years.. loved their service coming from verizon it was less than half price.

Currently on google fi with a bunch of credit left so looking to make a move in 2 months or so.
Ended up with 6-7months of free service with pixel 3 purchase back in december.. which started on second bill.

We have 2 lines.. usually use 1GB- 3GB per line. never over 5GB for 2 lines(combined)

all 4 have decent service at my house but Tmob has issues with building penetration although not as bad as previous years (lower frequency towers now?)

Sprint is just slow, they have ok voice service though.

Once you get out in the country AT&T and Verizon have better service less dead spots
, but my current google fi service is markedly improved vs when I had tmob and sprint 4 years ago.
Example: I still get service while mowing hillsides out in the country which used to have no service on their networks.

I do take occasional trips to Canada so something that roams there or has cheap roaming would be a plus.

For example with cricket if you jump up to their $50 plan it includes all mexico and Canada talk text and Data.
you can change plan when you get there and change back when you leave so it would cost me around $10 extra for 2 phones per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back