synthetic oil for 09 sonata

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought a at new 09 sonata 4 cylinder in september ive changed oil at 1500 3000 and 6500 2nd change at 3000 i put in 3 quarts pennzoil platinum 520 and 2 quarts gtx 1030 the service manager at dealer told me to break it in with only regular oil till 12000 he says by using the synthetic it wont break in right is this true

Untrue. Many cars come with synthetic straight from the factory. Change your oil with PP or whatever oil of your choice and don't worry about it.

12000? yeah right!

As said, allot of cars come with synthetic from factory already. But even if it didn't, even 2k would be enough to switch the oils out for synthetic

Ask a dealer if he'd rather have a A3 rated oil with a warmer pour point or a A1 or non ACEA oil with a colder pour point.*

When he gives that dog-cocked-to-the-side-of-its-head look, then say -- "Right. I forgot. Dealers sell cars -- they don't understand them."

Last edited:
You have a 2009 car that requires a break in? My 2010 Mazda3 manual actually says there is no break-in necessary

yeah im not really in love with my sonata wish i got the v6 with this it,s a 5 speed though but gutless

Whatever you run, make sure you follow the manual to the letter. No oversize filters or non recommended oils!
31.gif

Hyundai is VERY picky with oil changes *if* you need warranty work up to 100,000 miles!

Don't waste the warranty. You MAY need it.

bill

They will back it up, My GF has a 2000 and they fixed anything and everything bumper to bumper right up to 60k. These cars are very nice but have some brake and electrical bugs so beware. Just stay on them and fnd a good dealer. Keep all your paperwork and yes do follow the maint. schedules

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back