Syntec Blend

Well today I changed from M1 back to Castrol. I put Castrol Syntec Blend 10w/30 and a K&N filter. Went back to 10w as the temps are starting to break. My 2.7L Tacoma sounds quieter than with either the M1 5w/30 or 10w/30. I'm gonna run it for 3000 miles even. If I got $20 laying around then I'm gonna run a UOA. Judging from the latest Syntec Blend UOAs I should do just fine with this particular oil.

Glad to hear it's quieted things down in your truck. I wonder what the percentage is of synthetic in the Castrol blend? Recently I decided to make my own Castrol blend of one part Syntec 5w-30 and 3 parts dino GTX 5w-30 - hopefully the Camry will like it.

Syntec Blend is impossible to find in my area. Everywhere I go (PepBoys, Kragen, independent stores) it's sold out. Other blends are still on the shelf but guy at Kragen said that when they get Syntec Blend, people buy cases of it [Confused] Is it really that good? I've been thinking of using this blend lately....looks like other people did too.

The 5w-30 Syntec Blend did well here . The 10w-30's will even do better at resisting thinning down . castrol 5k miles and still over 10cSt's . The Valvoline Durablend stays in grade well also . Makes for a cleaner engine in the long run .

Swift

Nauseator sorry to hear it's hard to find out your way. I just bought 2 cases on sale for $1.98/qt.

I know what you mean about having a tough time finding the Syntec Blend. Actually, there is plenty of the 5w-30's, 10w-30's, etc., but it's almost impossible to get my hands on the 5w-20. I'm hoping it's still so new that it is in limited supply, but I've never been able to find more than a bottle or two (at most) at Wal-Mart. AutoZone doesn't even carry it, and Advance Auto doesn't seem to know if they do or not ( [Bang Head] ). I'm just not into extended OCI's, and hate spending $4.78/quart of the Mobil1 0w-20 when I change my oil so frequently.

I bought a jug of the 10W-30 Syntec Blend last weekend at WalMart. It seems to be readily available around here. It will go into my RX-8 on the next change. I like that its A1, A5 rated.